Did you mean: 

System restore files MD8875

3 REPLIES 3
pdenhond
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

System restore files MD8875

The hard disk of my dad's Medion MD8875 crashed.  We have a backup of the data which we take every few months so that's not an issue.  Problem is that when i start the PC with F11 to reset it to factory defaults it says 'there is no factory image' because that part of the HD is damaged also.  I can insert a new compatible HD which i have but how to get the required restore files to be able to reset the system to factory state ?  (we don't need a new pc, by replacing the HD it's still a very good one but we should get the OS back on it)  

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@pdenhond 

This is no problem, because the Windows key is stored in Bios, and the installation you get from Microsoft

-->  https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10

With th etool you make a bootable USB installationstick , which willl install Windows on your new disk.

The key question you don't have to answer.

Sorry I only have the german page. Search for Windows 10 Iso in your browser.

Cheers, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Fishtown  

Ja, en-gb. Ich hatte gb-gb, uk-gb und so weiter ausprobiert.

Andererseits können die Jungs ruhig mal Win10 Iso in ihren Browser eingeben. Wie ich es ihm geschrieben hatte.

Manchmal kommt es mir so vor , als ob wir den Usern noch das Klopapier hinterher tragen.

Das muss ja nicht sein, sicher nicht bei so leicht zu findenden Adressen.

daddle

3 REPLIES 3