Medion S4219 - can't locate RAM :(

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Redness
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion S4219 - can't locate RAM :(

Hi, I'm trying to locate RAM in my good old S4219 and for the life of me I... can't find it 😕

IMG_20240518_224221_copy_1736x2312.jpg

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @Redness and welcome
why are you looking for him? The RAM is onboard, i.e. firmly soldered.

s4219.png

S4219RAM.png

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @Redness and welcome
why are you looking for him? The RAM is onboard, i.e. firmly soldered.

s4219.png

S4219RAM.png

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Redness
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, Fishtown! I was wondering whether I can upgrade memory or not, as the laptop seems to be pretty slow lately but seeing it's impossible I guess I'll have to do a Windows refresh.

Redness
New Voice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hey, @Fishtown - one more question, what about the integrated hard drive? Which one is it?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello @Redness  ,
Which one it is, well there were a lot of S4219 models.
Most have an eMMC memory that is soldered and cannot be replaced. 32GB/64GB/128GB were installed, as well as models with an additional HDD or just an HDD hard drive. But since you can't see any in your photo, you will only have one eMMC memory. Which one exactly, now you have to give your MSN number from the computer.

bye Fishtown

Redness
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

thatnks again @Fishtown, from what I see the serial number is NSBW14022172900790. It's a 64GB drive, just need to know where it's located as these soldered in components are quite confusing

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello @Redness ,
You should provide the MSN number, not the serial number from the board.
You can find the 64GB eMMC memory on the other side of the board:

eMMC 65GB.png

eMMC.png

bye Fishtown

6 REPLIES 6