59 ANTWORTEN 59
busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 1 von 60
123.382 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 60
123.382 Aufrufe

Medion P7618 BIOS big problem

hi, I have a problem with my Medion Akoya P7618 (MD98580), I downloaded and flashed the last bios from medion website (http://www.medion.com/de/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=10611), and now the wifi and external graphics card (GT540M) don't work anymore, how I can fix the problem or where I can download the orginal BIOS for the laptop?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
59 ANTWORTEN 59
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 11 von 60
99.033 Aufrufe
Nachricht 11 von 60
99.033 Aufrufe

@busa

Did you do the Bios-Update before or after you updatet Win10?  I am still on Win7, and also thinking of updating to Win10.

daddle

Frog
Nachricht 12 von 60
99.031 Aufrufe
Nachricht 12 von 60
99.031 Aufrufe

Even if I could manage to get the old BIOS version, you would not be able to install it. The flash procedure will find a newer version installed and cancel the process.

To be honest, I really don't think that any of your notebooks issues are caused by the newer (and optimized) BIOS.

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 13 von 60
99.025 Aufrufe
Nachricht 13 von 60
99.025 Aufrufe

@daddle

I was on win8.1 then moved to win10 and it worked without any problem, after bios update the problems are appeared.

@Frog I can try to install win7 to see what will happen, but if the problem is again still present is there a way to edit the 009 so that the bios see it as new version?

busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 14 von 60
98.938 Aufrufe
Nachricht 14 von 60
98.938 Aufrufe

I install win7 and all drivers from medion web site, and the problem is still present wifi and GT card not working http://prntscr.com/9fd8n8

busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 15 von 60
98.892 Aufrufe
Nachricht 15 von 60
98.892 Aufrufe

daddle schrieb:

busa schrieb:

(...)

I removed the additional WIreless Adapter and tried Fn-F7 Key-Combination nothing happens,

Your's above Screenshot shows that you did not completely followed the instructions for Driver-Assigning. This remark only comes if you just use the first way and only entered the Path to the drivers, but not "Take software listed on this computer"

and next Step "Choose Driver for This Hardware from a List on this  Computer" and then GT540 or (alternativ with unmarked checkbox) Nvidia.

That way as I described allows you to force Windows even to install (assign) an older driver (or a wrong one), whilest your given message appears if you use" inserting path for drivers" only. Then windows checks and only then says:  "The best driver- software for your device is already installed".

daddle

daddle schrieb:

busa schrieb:

(...)

I removed the additional WIreless Adapter and tried Fn-F7 Key-Combination nothing happens,

Your's above Screenshot shows that you did not completely followed the instructions for Driver-Assigning. This remark only comes if you just use the first way and only entered the Path to the drivers, but not "Take software listed on this computer"

and next Step "Choose Driver for This Hardware from a List on this  Computer" and then GT540 or (alternativ with unmarked checkbox) Nvidia.

That way as I described allows you to force Windows even to install (assign) an older driver (or a wrong one), whilest your given message appears if you use" inserting path for drivers" only. Then windows checks and only then says:  "The best driver- software for your device is already installed".

daddle

daddle schrieb:

busa schrieb:

(...)

daddle

@daddle you mean this? 

http://prntscr.com/9fe9vb
http://prntscr.com/9feadx

but not working...

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 16 von 60
98.880 Aufrufe
Nachricht 16 von 60
98.880 Aufrufe

Yes, as part of the Driver-Setup-Menu in Device.mnager. As I wrote this I was thinking you were still on Win 7.because you didn't mention it in your first post. But it is for Win 10 the same.

What I think now is which part of the Software activates the second graphic card, the Nvidia. Maybe you can install Drivers for it only in case it is switched to active mode; that's why the driver setup can not work for the Nvidia. 

We have to ask the Mod tomorrow.

What you could try in device manager "search for other hardware", or tick under the "View" Tab the line for hidden or not shown devices, maybe then it will be listet.

You did install (for Win 7) the Management Engine Drivers and The Launcher Drivers?

How did you go back to Win 7, with the Recover Program or by clean install?

With clean install you have to Install all Drivers from your drivers folder on Drive D:,Chipset-, AHCI-, Management-Engine- and Launcher-Driver first..Did you install the AHCI- iaStore- Drivers first in the beginning of the Win7_Setup, it asks for it. They are in the files  f6flpy-x64\ and/or  f6flpy-x86.

busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 17 von 60
98.131 Aufrufe
Nachricht 17 von 60
98.131 Aufrufe

@daddle

Ok, today I installed all drivers, Chipset, AHCI, Management-Engine- and Launcher-Driver, now everything working Wifi, bluetooth, camera.., except the GT540m http://prntscr.com/9fp5r1

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 18 von 60
98.110 Aufrufe
Nachricht 18 von 60
98.110 Aufrufe

Maybr if you start a graphic-card stressing program, a game, and keep the Device-Manager opened, if possible on top of the screen and watch in Device-manger the graphic-card entries, may be the Nvidia pops up; I have no idea how to get it working.

You also did a new install graphic-drivers as well with the Setup program: d:\DRIVER\05. VGA\Nvidia\Win7_64Bit_(267.21)\setup.exe?

What happened to the Audio, is this working also?

regards, daddle

busa
Apprentice
Nachricht 19 von 60
98.100 Aufrufe
Nachricht 19 von 60
98.100 Aufrufe

@daddle

Yes sound also working, I download lastes drivers from C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\359.06\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International, but when I start the setup it give me error  http://prntscr.com/9fphqe

Now I see in AIDA64 they see the GPU http://prntscr.com/9fpi7n very strange.

tried now render test and it works http://prntscr.com/9fpmcd

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 20 von 60
98.077 Aufrufe
Nachricht 20 von 60
98.077 Aufrufe

@busa

Well, hats good news so far that the GT540 seems to be functional. Remains the Question how

to get it to be seen in the Device-Manager.

Did you try in secure mode? I guess it will be the same, just for checking.

@Frog @Andi

Wie erreicht man bei dem Laptop dass die Graphik-Karte im Device-Manager engezeigt wird, um die Nvidia-Treiber installieren zu können? Gibt es einen Software-Switch der die Benutzung der Nvidia erzwingt? Und wie wird es geregelt dass die Nvidia-Optimus Technik die Grafik-Karte zuschaltet?

Wegen der zu erwartenden Probs bei der Dual-Grafik mit Nvidia-Optimus Technologie  hatte ich bisher davon abgesehen Win 10 zu installieren, wei es sich ja jetzt bei @busa auch zeigt. Er kriegt ja sogar die Treiber in Win7 nicht mehr installiert. Da muss es doch einen "Trick" geben?

Grüsse, daddle

59 ANTWORTEN 59