Did you mean: 

Medion Akoya S2218 factory reset?

16 REPLIES 16
Kieran
Trainee
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Medion Akoya S2218 factory reset?

Since an attempted windows update the the pc is inaccessible and goes to a blue screen language selection and then into the troubleshoot options. There isnt a factory reset option available with the available options (none of the other option will repair it) how can I reset this?

I've tried using a windows 10 usb install and it wont boot from it despite me sestting it as first boot option.

16 REPLIES 16
Kieran
Trainee
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

No there was nothing wrong with the first USB stick; the problem was not knowing that it was 32 bit setup that was required (this is a secondary option on the USB setup). Doing the default media setup it only does 64 bit.

You didnt give me any of this information in your 'help' or hint???

daddle
Superuser
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

@Kieran

@daddle  schrieb:

@Kieran

How do you say, did you make a new stick before you tried or just now afterwards. You could be a bit more explicit, like I do too. Or just go ahead on your own!

Then it should boot on the S2218 as well. Did you choose a 64- or 32-bit Version?

First put the stick in an USB port before you start the notebook. Then start the Notebook and immediately after tab the F10 button (or in a second try the F8-button) consequently. the Bootmanager will show up. Then select the USB-stick.

daddle

In Post 6, this was a hint!  And the way to handle the setup is described as well.  Smiley Mad  I thought you could read?  LoL

Kieran
Trainee
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Nothing in your post provided a clear answer and was factually incorrect... it was F12 that brings up the boot manager not F10. And also why 'hint' and not spell it out ? If you knew it was 32 bit only then say it... if you knew that the default media setup only does 64 bit and that I needed to select both 32 and 64 bit then say it..... Nothing in your 'help' lead me to the solution and just prolonged the journey to the solution.

daddle
Superuser
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

@Kieran 

OK, you did all by yourself. You really are a champion! Thats why you asked for help?

And yes its right, I didn't know exaxtly which key would provoke the bootmanager to display; but that differs and is depending on your pc-model, and it gave you an hint and the direction to prevent you from being forced to enter the bios.

And the rest you mentioned is displayed, and you always have to make your choice. The MCT gives you the possibility to choose 32- or 64- Bit Version and does not automatically installs 64-bit Windows.

You did not mention which version you choose, so in spite of me assuming you as being the owner would have chosen the right bit-version, I doublecrossed it by asking you to check this. And I do not own your PC, you should know which "machine" is running inside.

And as I wrote already in my just cited post 6, you were so inexplicit on your writing, that it was no fun to support you.

And yes, alltogether I think you are impertinent, ungrateful and not worthwhile to be written to by me any further.

And by the way, did you ever hear the word "Nettiquette"? It says to address another user here as well as to end a post with greetings? 

daddle

Edit: Typo

Luke
Community Manager
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hi @Kieran,

this is a call to order.

Just let me remind you that this is a User-2-User community. User @daddle offered you his help & assistance,

without any obligation. Therefore, there is no need to criticise him for his advice. Please show some respect.

Thanks,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
daddle
Superuser
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

@Luke

Thank you for your support.

It's not only "no need to critisize" my advice because there is no obligation inheired, it's also simply not true that my advice in any way was "factually incorrect" as User Kieran puts it. Which one can check by reading the posts.

Regards, daddle

Paft
New Voice
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

What build/version of Win are you on? 1903? Everything works driver wise?

I cannot get sound working and have a missing battery icon after 1709.

I have been advised to use the Windows Media Creation Tool (testing now). I cannot see how that'll make a difference, I alredy created a boot USB either with said tool of Rufus and a legeit so. What difference would it make if Windows is installed?

I just stuck with 1709 and disabled updates. But the person using this laptop had he was having WiFi drops. Tried installing Linux but  I dont' think it's possible is it? The only thing that boots is a Win installer.

edit: Seems to be working this time around. Time will tell. Since I didn't expect it to work and the fact there isn't a installer exe for the Chipset drivers for 10 I just ran the one for 8. Have sound and battery icon. I did right click> Install on each 'setup information' ini file for the hell of it after a reboot.

EDIT: The speaker icon is no longer red cross but there is still no sound!

16 REPLIES 16