SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Okin
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Laptop doesn't turn on any more

Hi everyone,

I have an Akoya P6627 laptop. It was functioning just fine. I was trying to plug in the microphone on the right-hand side of my laptop and I accidently put the male plug of the microphone in the USB socket that is right next to the microphone female plug.

The laptop short-circuited immediately. It went completely "dead" and has been since. I have been unable to switch it on. Does this mean that my laptop is broken?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Does anyone know any way of switching the laptop on again?

Any help would be appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Okin

I'm afraid that the short circuit fried your motherboard, they are quite vulnerable to overcurrents. 

You might try to remove the charger and the battery, and then press the powerbutton a few times (without the charger and battery), this will discharge any current still left on the motherboard. Though I fear the chances are slim that this will solve the problem, sorry man :(.

Kind regards,
Bart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Okin

I'm afraid that the short circuit fried your motherboard, they are quite vulnerable to overcurrents. 

You might try to remove the charger and the battery, and then press the powerbutton a few times (without the charger and battery), this will discharge any current still left on the motherboard. Though I fear the chances are slim that this will solve the problem, sorry man :(.

Kind regards,
Bart
Okin
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Bodgekin

Great, it worked!!!
My heartfelt thanks to you 🙂
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Okin

Your welcome, to be honest I didn't give it much chance, but I'm glad it worked!  

Kind regards,
Bart
Luke
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Bodgekin,

very very well done!

Cheers,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
4 REPLIES 4