Keyboard Nightmare S15447

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
SerialNo
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Keyboard Nightmare S15447

I am having serious problems with my laptop keyboard. In fact, I'm about to cry while typing this tiresomely on the on-screen keyboard, letter by letter. I have read that some of you managed to solve it. I also have tried to follow your recommendations, but it is being difficult because the device does not let me run downloads, deletions, restore points and all that. I am not ashamed to say that I hate windows 11, and that I desperately need help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SerialNo
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi P1a5ma,

Since nothing but the on-screen keyboard has been shown to work, I'm finally taking the laptop in for official service. It may well be that the keyboard is defective from the factory.

Thank you very much for your concern and have a nice day.

PS: Regarding downloads and other issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, like a lottery 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
P1a5ma-
Trainee
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi SerialNo 

A few things id try are below, 

1. Ensure windows is fully up to date. A lot of drivers are obtained via windows updates so if any are missing, updating is a sure way to get them back. 

2. Check the device managed for the HID drivers. Check to see if any are missing or if any errors are present. If so, check the Hardware ID's to find out which driver is required. 

3. Does the caps lock / number lock light up when enabled? If not, it could be hardware related. 

4. If all else fails a full factory reset using the F11 recovery button on boot. 

Thanks! 

SerialNo
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi P1a5ma-,
It's not easy for me to determine whether there's a missing HID driver when I don't even know which one am I supposed to have missed.
No errors appear in the HID list though and I like that.
I am completely lost. I guess I would need all indications drawn with bright colors as if I were a little child.
Thanks a lot for your kindness!

P1a5ma
Beginner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi SerialNo, 

I'm afraid it sounds like you may need to flatten windows and start again! Id certainly give it ago and see if that sorts the issue. Remember, this will delete all data so make sure you have a backup!

you mentioned that the computer doesn't allow you to download anything? 

Thanks! 

SerialNo
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi P1a5ma,

Since nothing but the on-screen keyboard has been shown to work, I'm finally taking the laptop in for official service. It may well be that the keyboard is defective from the factory.

Thank you very much for your concern and have a nice day.

PS: Regarding downloads and other issues, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, like a lottery 😞

4 REPLIES 4