Newuser4647
Beginner
Nachricht 1 von 3
1.133 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 3
1.133 Aufrufe

How to securly wipe hard drive without deleting the recovery drive

Hello All,

I am new here and please excuse any spelling mistakes. I own a Medion Akoya E7225 (MD99264) laptop and I am planning on selling it. I would like to securly wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows. The problem I'm facing is that I have a recovery drive which allows windows to be reinstalled by pressing f11 with the medion logo showing during boot up (cyberlink's power2go recovery). If I was to use for example dbans boot and nuke would the programme delete the recovery drive. I did create a rescue dvd when I first had the computer if that helps

2 ANTWORTEN 2
RAZZ
Contributor
Nachricht 2 von 3
1.065 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 3
1.065 Aufrufe

Hi,

If you use the F11 full factory reset this will wipe all data on the unit leaving only the recovery partition.

Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 3 von 3
993 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 3
993 Aufrufe

HI @Newuser4647 ,

sorry for the late reply, but i wanted to know, how you proceeded in your case. Summerised you want to perform two opposit things at the same time, whioch is be 100% sure to erase all data and also keep data.

I fdear this won´t work out. Recovery data will be lost, which is imho no big problem, because reinstalling Windows with an USB MS Media Creation Stick isn´t a big thing nowadays.

Here´s a little guidance:
1. Download the media creation tool.
2. Choose Upgrade this pc now
3. Select Keep all my files and apps and click Update.
Conversation can be continued here, while we´re closing the double post you created here

If any further assistance is needed you can feel free to come back any time

Cherrs

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
2 ANTWORTEN 2