Did you mean: 

Erazer P6705 keyboard replacement

8 REPLIES 8
Ikarusnc
New Voice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Erazer P6705 keyboard replacement

Hi there, I'm wondering if there is a guide on how to remove the keyboard, backlight is not working and I want to repair it or replace it. Thank you for your help!

8 REPLIES 8
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

moin @Ikarusnc and welcome

is she just turned off? please refer : S.30 /http://download2.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_p6705_p6605_en.pdf

Fn + F4 Keyboard lighting on/off // brightness down // brightness up.

or do the quick start buttons not go and thus the lighting can not be switched on?

Maybe only one driver is missing?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Ikarusnc
New Voice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I know about fn+f4 and installed every driver from medion. I unmounted the keyboard successfully and I found that the led power connector is probably faulty, moving it turned on the led but after few minutes it turned off (timer is set to off) and I had to unmount again.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

moin @Ikarusnc 

some users in other forum wrote that they have the problem after an update. is that the case with you?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Ikarusnc
New Voice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It is possible indeed, I noticed it after an update but the second time moving the connetor was not enough, I had to remove the battery and reset in order to get the led working again. Keyboard backlight has to work on Windows loading also. Do you think can be a Windows update problem? If is software seems more a BIOS problem to me. Thank you for your help

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

moin @Luke 

Question: Are you aware that it is after a Windows or BIOS update a change in the timer setting keyboard lighting was used to save energy?

Moin @Ikarusnc , Luke is medion's communication manager, maybe he has an answer.

bye-Fishtown

Ikarusnc
New Voice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

If you mean the Control Center timer (software installed with hotkeys driver from medion), yes I noticed it and disabled it (no turn off timer)

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

moin @Ikarusnc 

Do you have in the UEFI setting (F2 after the turn on) the possibility to adjust the keyboard lighting?

bye-Fishtown

Ikarusnc
New Voice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I don't see any keyboard light related option inside BIOS, only option to change fn function.

8 REPLIES 8