Did you mean: 

Black Screen On MD 96340

13 REPLIES 13
devin_allerton
Trainee
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Black Screen On MD 96340

Rarely used laptop but I wanted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and cannot get the screen to activate. The laptop has been sitting unused for some years. It was stored without the battery in it. Was never dropped or abused and only has a few hours on it. It turns on and the lights are showing but no display, just a black/dead screen.

It was hooked up to a test monitor and got the same result. Is the motherboard bad? Is the graphics unit on the motherboard bad?

is there any hope for reviving it?

13 REPLIES 13
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Hi @devin_allerton ,

did you receive your unit back and how was the solution? Maybe you can give us a short update of the situation?

Greets

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
devin_allerton
Trainee
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

@Major_ToM wrote:

Hi @devin_allerton ,

did you receive your unit back and how was the solution? Maybe you can give us a short update of the situation?

Greets

Major ToM

No, I haven't gotten it back yet. I told the guy there was no rush. He has a full time job not related to computers and I told him there was no rush. It's been 3 weeks today so I was thinking I should give him a call. He is a friend of a friend. He said he hates to work on laptops but that he'd do it for me. I saw all those teeny tiny screws that have to come out. Getting to the location of the CMOS battery is probably a real pain.

I'll be sure to post here with the results when I get the unit back. I found this on YouTube (am I allowed to post that here?) that shows a CMOS battery replacement doing the trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTYLnsteLkc&feature=youtu.be 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Hi @devin_allerton,

thank you for your feedback.If you have any input, please let us know

Greets

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
devin_allerton
Trainee
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Still waiting. I hadn't used the laptop in years so I forget I even own it. But eventually I'll get it back.

13 REPLIES 13