Battery on E1317T showing as plugged in, not charging

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Dark_Horse
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Battery on E1317T showing as plugged in, not charging

I have an E1317T laptop which has worked great since i bought it. However, now when I switch it on, the battery no longer charges or holds any charge. In Windows 10, the battery icon says "Plugged in, not charging" and the battery LED at the front remains unlit. The laptop works fine with the original power charger.

I have tried all the usual things:

1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI battery driver, shutdown, hold power button for 30 seconds, reinsert battery and restart (driver is reinstalled automatically).

2. Tried entering the BIOS to run a battery check or health (no option in BIOS for this).

3. Run a battery powercfg /batterystatus in Windows 10 (shows some battery stats and dashes).

4. Removed battery and cleaned the connectors and edges before reinserting (battery remains dead).

If I leave the battery in with the laptop switched off and charging, the battery LED blinks once every 15 seconds. Does anyone know what this means?

Anyone suggest a way of getting the battery to work again? Before it stopped working, the charge was very good and I was able to get 3-4 hours easily and then it just stopped. Laptop was used occasionally, maybe a few times a month but was always switched off with a proper shutdown.

I don't mind buying a new battery but I cannot find any place that sells the correct fit. Medion Akoya shop is saying no longer available 😞

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Dark_Horse 

https://www.netzteiledirekt.com/akkus-c-102/medion-akkus-c-102_13/3000mah-3375wh-3-zellen-medion-ako...

https://www.battery-plus.de/akku-fur-medion-akoya-e1317t-e1318t-h90t-netbook-a31h90t3000-msn-4404580...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Dark_Horse 

Well, this battery defenitely is complet dead. So just be aptient and check the Internet regularily. And make use of the different names and numbers of your Akoya, as well as the numbers or Type-Naming printed on the battery.

Cheers, daddle

Dark_Horse
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply Daddle, I have been trying to find a replacement battery for a few months now, including the variants. It seems nobody makes this battery any more 😣

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Dark_Horse 

https://www.netzteiledirekt.com/akkus-c-102/medion-akkus-c-102_13/3000mah-3375wh-3-zellen-medion-ako...

https://www.battery-plus.de/akku-fur-medion-akoya-e1317t-e1318t-h90t-netbook-a31h90t3000-msn-4404580...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Dark_Horse
New Voice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Danke Fishtown,

I saw these but the cost is very expensive, almost the same as the laptop cost new. Also, I buy third party batteries before for my other laptops, they are not good and quality / reliability is poor.

Regards,

Dark Horse

edgardelcarpio
Newcomer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi good afternoon. Did you fix the problem?

I have a lapto Medion Akoya, the battery discharged totally only once when the laptop was turn off and now I cannot the charge the battery is always in 0%. The laptop is only six month old and is almost new with a little use.

Dark_Horse
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi edgardelcarpio,

Unfortunately, there was no solution for this. I ended up buying a third party extended battery but even though this was supposed to be compatible, it wasn't an exact fit and would not clip in correctly. I think it will be hard to find a battery for this model which is a real shame as the laptop is superb for the size, build, quality and specification.

Regards,

Dark Horse

6 REPLIES 6