Akoya E15407 Ram upgrade

SOLVED
8 REPLIES 8
Setchp
Newcomer
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Akoya E15407 Ram upgrade

Notebook has 8GB of ram installed. All the memory upgrade dealers report that max memory can be upgraded to 32GB in 2x 16GB modules. I have opened the case, and am unable to find even the 8GB module. I am familiar with upgrading laptop memory, and I'd welcome anyone elses experience of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hello @Setchp and welcome

the RAM is onboard and cannot be changed because it is soldered.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hello @Setchp and welcome

the RAM is onboard and cannot be changed because it is soldered.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Pottsyuk
New Voice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I’ve literally just bought 2x 16GB RAM as the company said online that they are compatible to the E15407 but after taking the back off I can’t see any slots where they should go. 
Before I return them, is it definitely the case you can’t add more RAM?

TIA

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Pottsyuk and welcome

sorry,

E15407.png

bye Fishtown

Pottsyuk
New Voice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

IMG_2394.jpeg

Sorry didn’t meant to double post!

Theres no reply from you after the word ‘sorry’ so I’m not sure what you said to me. 

Is what you have highlighted where the RAM is?

If so what are you saying, that it can’t be replaced with the 2x 16GB Ram I’ve bought. 
Thank you. 
(I have highlighted my photo where i presume is the area you were showing me?). 

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Pottsyuk 

Read Post 2 and Check the picture in Post 5. That's why you can not expand your RAM!

And Sorry means "sorry no better answer as already stated in Post 2" .

Cheers, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hello @Pottsyuk 
Yes, that's right, you can see the firmly soldered, non-replaceable plunger. Exactly what I wrote in post 2, that's why I just wrote a "sorry".😉

Return the newly purchased memory.
What did they send you? Brand, model type?
information:
Your image hasn't been released to the rest of us yet, it probably won't be ready until tomorrow.

bye Fishtown

Pottsyuk
New Voice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I’m new here so didn’t know how you worded stuff. Plus I’ve never added RAM to a laptop before so wanted to clarify what the photo was showing. 
Thanks 👍

Pottsyuk
New Voice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thank you Fishtown. 
I bought through the Crucial Website that when entering the laptop model number came up with a number of different RAM options. 
I purchased:

2x 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM 1.2V CL22. 

Again, thank you for your clarification. I’m a newbie to this message board as well as any installation of storage, I hadn’t even opened a laptop up before!

8 REPLIES 8