AKOYA P3403

4 REPLIES 4
emilio
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

AKOYA P3403

Hello everyone,

I bought a 2-in-1 P3403 tablet a few months back. I´ve been quite happy using it in "laptop mode" so far, but whenever I´m trying to use it as a proper tablet I get bogged down by the touchscreen. It is simply unusable: when I drag my finger on the screen, it leaves behind a trail of clicks, instead of drawing a line; when I type something on the virtual keyboard, each "keypress" generates a whole row of characters, and so on, you get the point. If I use my thumbs instead of my fingers, it seems to be working somewhat better, which is kind of pointing me that the digitizer is not sensitive enough. 

Is there any way to increase the touch sensitivity, or some different way of fixing this issue? Ideas, please!

Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@emilio

I would reset the Convertible to factory state.

Press F11 multiple times during start up, and you should be able to start Power Recovery.

Or start it with the App Power Recover from inside Windows. It will force a reboot and starts 

the Power Recover process in the same way.

Regards, daddle

emilio
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Tried that, it did not make any change besides having a fresh install of windows. And I should mention that this was actually the second tablet, as I sent the first one back to Medion for replacement, because of the same issue with the touchcreen. Still no change. I'm hoping there's maybe something I could configure in Registry on some driver config file, and that would help. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@emilio

This history you should have mentioned before. 

Maybe it's an issue with the touchscreen driver. No such thing in Medion Service Center?

Did you lately (also with the former P3403)  had a major Windows Update?

Please post the MSN-number, its on a sticker on the back.

regards

emilio
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@daddle

My mistake, sorry!

There is not much about this tablet in Medion Service Center. Both tablets have had a couple of updates over the course of time, starting with one just at the first Windows setup. 

MSN is: 30023354.

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4