Did you mean: 

Notebook E2228t - Just a moment

2 REPLIES 2
Evershed
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Notebook E2228t - Just a moment

When starting up my Notebook E2228t I get the Medion logo come up then an orange coloured screen with a whirling circle saying "Just a moment". Nothing ever happens. It doesn't resolve itself.

It came with Windows 10 on it, but the trial period had ran out. I purchased NB in Aug 2017.

Sometimes the login page comes up, with my Windows account name, and I try to use my fingerprint to log in but it is ever recognised. I've tried typing in my password but doesn't recognise it. I've tried resetting password and a message comes up on blue screen saying 'Cannot connect to ProfSvc'. 

Ive tried powering down and restarting but nothing helps. I've tried pressing  F11 and F8 after it starts up and nothing happens. 

Should I factory reset? If so, how?

It is not connected to WiFi as I recently changed broadband provider. 

As I cannot login, the NB is completely unusable. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Evershed
Beginner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

I have now been able to login  to the NB. 

The screen is black, all there is on the desktop is the recycle bin. 

An error message came up with the red circle with an x in it saying:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable  Check location etc. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @Evershed

It looks as if your Windows-Installation is completely buggered off.

You should make a clean Win-Installation with the Media Creation Tool. It configures a UEFI- compatible USB-Stick with which you can boot and install Windows. To start the Efi-Bootmanager, press multiple times F10 with the stick connected while starting up, (on some pc's it is the F8), or start up, stick connected, go into UEFI (F2), to Page Boot and select your USB-Stick as primary boot option. Then after booting the Winfows-RE , you can first try the repair-options; if this doesn't work, you should delete all partitions, and do a new install. Drivers you can find in the Medion-service page.

This should work if it isn't a hardware issue. 

Regards, daddle

2 REPLIES 2