Did you mean: 

AKOYA E4251 Always press 8secs power button to boot PC

4 REPLIES 4
kmuland
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

AKOYA E4251 Always press 8secs power button to boot PC

I use the computer running with the AC adacter connected.

Each time I have to power on the computer I have to maintain the power button pressed for 8 secs.... after that a green led flashes in the front panel and I can happily press the power button to power on the computer.

Is it posible to avoid this please?

I always power off the computer when I finish my work. I dont use hibernate or sleep, I think Im doing a real shutdown.... anyway could be possible that windows10 is not shuting down at full.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
SlamRam
Retired
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hey @kmuland, welcome to the community!

Can you please confirm whether this has always been the case with your laptop or has it just recently started occuring? 

Cheers!
SlamRam

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

kmuland
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Sorry for the delay, I was on travels.

Always been the case with the laptop. I bought the computer and I stopped/disabled the updates for windows 10, so I continue with factory OS (win10/1803)

Im not sure if it is a battery power failure or a windows 10 problem.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@kmuland  schrieb:

I always power off the computer when I finish my work. I dont use hibernate or sleep, I think Im doing a real shutdown.... anyway could be possible that windows10 is not shuting down at full.

@kmuland 

Hello, with Win 10 if you just click on Power Down you always will go to a hybrid sleep mode, also if in Windows the Windows Fast-Boot is enabeled..

You should PowerDown with the Shift-Tab pressed simultaneously; only this shuts Windows completely off.

Regards, daddle

kmuland
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I tested all posible solutions for hybrid shutdown, PowerDown with the Shift-Tab, registry keys, disable hibernation, powering off with shutdown.exe +modifiers and nothing working.

Today I solved the problem.

I opened the computer and removed the battery, so computer is running with the AC adapter now.

Problem is gone!!!!!.

Now, the computer boot with a single click as it should be.

Something was wrong with this battery. Also I know that there are many problems with AKOYA E4251 and dead pixels in the screen, fortunately not my case.

These things will be good to be revised in future MEDION products.

Best regards!

4 REPLIES 4