Did you mean: 

2.0 HDDrive 2 Go 640MB

4 REPLIES 4
rdmd
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

2.0 HDDrive 2 Go 640MB

Some years ago I purchased this hard disk drive from Aldi in UK but have never used it.

I would like to use it now but the product is for Windows XP/Vista and my newer lap top ( Dell Inspiron 15 ) is Windows 10.

Can it therefore be used with a Windows 10 Operating System and if so would it be NTFS, FAT or FAT32. The processor is a 64 bit.

Thanks for any help in anticipation.

4 REPLIES 4
RAZZ
Explorer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @rdmd 

It sounds like the external drive will not be compatible due to the age, if you could reply with the MSN or MD number (should be found on a small sticker on the device) I can verify its compatibility.

thanks 

rdmd
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your help.

The numbers are as follows

MD 90103

MSN 5003 0651

RAZZ
Explorer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@rdmd 

unfortunately your drive is only compatible with devices running the following operating systems-

• Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Thanks 

RAZZ_0-1716454533917.png

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@rdmd  @RAZZ 

Off course you can use this drive. It was delivered with a plug-in power supply, and it can be connected to an USB A-Port (V2.0) or an eSATA port. 

But nowadays no newer laptop are equipped with an eSATA  port anymore; so you have to make of an USB 2 cablíng. Which limits the data transfer to max 480 Mbit/s .

@RAZZ  schrieb: 

unfortunately your drive is only compatible with devices running the following operating systems-

• Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

@RAZZ 

Why should a external drive not be compatible to Win 10 or 11?  Connected per USB cable.

At the time of launching the HDD Drive 2 Go  Windows 7 was the highest Windows version.

Even internal IDE drives would be handled by Win 10 or 11,  if the PC has an IDE port for connecting..

Cheers, daddle

4 REPLIES 4