deputy P10 power supply

8 REPLIES 8
AWParticipate
Beginner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

deputy P10 power supply

Hi,

can anyone tell me if it is normal for the sleeve of the power supply pin to be visible when inserted into the P10 deputy. On every other laptop I have owned the power supply pin (male) inserts into the socket to completely cover the metal of the sleeve. On my new deputy it does not push in completely (see photo). just want to check if there is an issue with the socket of pin before starting to use the notebook.

thanks

IMG_20210127_092639.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Welcome to the forum @AWParticipate 

My laptop was the same at first plug (in fact all connectors USB included were stiff) but I pressed the connector all the way and after few connect/disconnect now acts normal (all of them).

Cheers.

AWParticipate
Beginner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for this... But there is no way it could be pushed in fully. It is not stiff but completely stops at that point. I have pushed it as hard as I possibly dare without risking breaking it 

If it is supposed to insert to cover the sleeve then it must be faulty 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@AWParticipate 

Off course it should be covered. But sometimes the gap ist too big,due to misalignment. To press powerfully to force it in could result in tearing off the power socket off the power board, even worse because often there i no separate powerboard, the socket resides on the mainboard.

As long as there is no obstacle in the hollow plug, and your NB charges properly, I wouldnt be worried.

daddle

AWParticipate
Beginner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Daddle. the notebook charges but the pin is not firmly inserted so any knock to it is likely to damage the socket or board. Is it normal for Medion products to have these build issues? I'm considering returning it for refund if a replacement is likley to cause further issues.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@AWParticipate 

No, it is not usually this way, and not "Normal" for Medion, to have those build issues. But to diagnose it from out a distance is not possible. Something with the plug  or the the jack is wrongly mounted or connected.

So go to Medion Service to let it check. The only thing you can do is to check the inner hollow of the plug to see if something is inserted  by accident, which prevents the plug to go in deeply. Some styrofoam pellet?

Edit: Or in the jack inside too.

daddle

Pedalaway44
Beginner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I have the exact same issue with my Medion E14304 , from the outset when i purchased the notebook the power connection does not plug completely into the socket leaving a 3mm gap , i just assumed this was ok and left it , but in the last month the power socket became more loose and my notebook stopped charging , i also noticed a blister on the tom of the area where the port would be underneath , I returned the notebook to Medion for repair which is now charging and blister no longer showing but i am concerned the jack still does not plug in snugly and there remains the 3mm gap , this suggests poor workmanship and i am disappointed no one at Medion has spoken with me to address this issue , i now do not know if to return it again as it does now charge.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hello @Pedalaway44 and welcome
is the plug inserted correctly?
This is also the case with the E16401 (also an emdoor).
first there is a noticeable resistance and you can see 3mm

stecker1.jpg

and if you keep pressing "gently" it snaps in a little further, then you can still see 1mm.

stecker2.jpg

(he also loads with 3mm gap)

maybe it's the same for you

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Pedalaway44
Beginner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

hi Fishtown , thanks for your reply yes it does snap in when i push it in , but still leaves a gap similar to your second photo , possibly a bit wider , do you have no concerns that it doesn't look correct for the gap to be there?

8 REPLIES 8