Deputy P10 charging mystery

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
Toast77
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Deputy P10 charging mystery

Hi, this is the culmination of two years of confusion and stress, and I'm hoping somebody might be able to shed some light on this matter. 
About a week ago, I experienced an emergency shutoff of my laptop whilst playing Final Fantasy XIV, a program I can typically run with no issue. After this, my battery would stop charging off of the cable at random intervals, though usually whilst running programs, nothing nearly as intense as the aforementioned. Sometimes, if I remove the charger at this point, the connector feels hot. Sometimes, it does not. There seems to be no correlation between this and the heat I can feel on the external of the laptop. 
This is not the first time I've encountered this. This exact issue has occurred four times throughout this laptop's lifetime, it was purchased in April of 2021. Two of these occurrences were within my warrenty, and both had Medion sending me a replacement Charger. The first replacement was a different model, and recurred the issue within a month. The second replacement was the same as the original packaged adapter, which lasted me out for around a year. The third time the issue occurred, I contacted a local repairman for assistance. He ran a few tests himself, and went to the trouble of replacing my thermal paste, but the issue continued. In the end, I ordered a new charger myself. It arrived six months ago. And now the issue has occurred again. 
I make sure to clean out my fans regularly, and I keep the laptop mounted atop a cooling fan board. I have noticed a consistent trend with all chargers that the connector seems to sit outside of it's port slightly, with about a millimetre of shiny visible between the laptop and the plastic casing. If anyone has any advice on what might be causing this recurring issue, or would like more specific information about anything, I'd be thankful and can provide. 

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@Toast77 

Hi

The gap beteween charger connector and charging socket does not mean anything, Unless the charging socket was loose. Is there a lot of play if you wiggle the plug?

Second ist seems your battery is finished, and does not provide enough current for some games, like Final Fantasy (A nice little joke when you see the name of the game!) 

So I would check for a new battery. The connector getting warm if charging is quite normal, except it gets red hot. Then it could be a loose socket.

Cheers, daddle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@Toast77 

Hi

The gap beteween charger connector and charging socket does not mean anything, Unless the charging socket was loose. Is there a lot of play if you wiggle the plug?

Second ist seems your battery is finished, and does not provide enough current for some games, like Final Fantasy (A nice little joke when you see the name of the game!) 

So I would check for a new battery. The connector getting warm if charging is quite normal, except it gets red hot. Then it could be a loose socket.

Cheers, daddle

1 REPLY 1