SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
Snowfall365
Newcomer
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

SSD M2 - Medion Erazer P67067 - X31

Dear Community,

I have a few years old Medion Erazer P67067 - X31. The Swedish reseller recommend me an SSD NVMe M.2 and told be that it should be suitable and that it was port free for a second SSD M2. I took for the Samsung 980 1TB.

I have attached the SSD to the free M.2 port on the motherboard, but the drive can not be found. 

Do any of you have tips how to make it work ? I am starting to doubt if the reseller gave me a accurate advise.

Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Snowfall365 

that's right.

As already written, only an SSD M.2 / SATA fits into the second slot.

The ones you bought would only fit where a PCIe (512GB) from the factory was installed.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Snowfall365 and welcome

you already have a PCIe installed. the second M.2 slot is for a SATA.

exchange the wrong one.

1x M.2 M2_1 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only)
1x M.2 M2_2 (E-Key 2230 for WLAN only)
1x M.2 M2_3 (for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD and Intel Optane module 2242 & 2280)

Fishtown_0-1640624885482.png

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Snowfall365
Newcomer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Dear @Fishtown,

Thanks for your swift reply. 

Have I got it right that I can not have an additional NVMe SSD m.2 on this motherboard, only replace the existing SSD m.2 PCIe drive? The So even if the Samsung SSD fits in to the M2-Sata port it will not be able to connect, or?

/Snowfall365

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Snowfall365 

that's right.

As already written, only an SSD M.2 / SATA fits into the second slot.

The ones you bought would only fit where a PCIe (512GB) from the factory was installed.

Bye Fishtown

3 REPLIES 3