19 RÉPONSES 19
natswright
Trainee
Message 1 sur 20
11 045 Visites
Message 1 sur 20
11 045 Visites

Replacement Keyboard for Erazer X7847

The keyboard on my Erazer X7847 has stopped working, after a liquid spill. I've searched the internet for a replacement, but am unable to get one. Even Medion themselves said that they could not provide a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that Clevo are the underlying manufactuer of Medion kit, but other than a few very expensive replacemts from china on ebay, it seems impossible to get a replacement

Balises (1)
19 RÉPONSES 19
natswright
Trainee
Message 11 sur 20
5 089 Visites
Message 11 sur 20
5 089 Visites

Thanks for the replys, I have found a possible replacement keyboard on ebay, but its the German layout. I contacted the seller and they told me that they ordered the Dutch (NL) layout keyboard. Now I have a friend that lives in the netherlands, who could order the keyboard for me, or I could get it sent here. All I know is that an ebay user ordered a keyboard very recently and that they are avalable, just with the ducth layout.

natswright
Trainee
Message 12 sur 20
5 089 Visites
Message 12 sur 20
5 089 Visites

@TPFLegionaire If I could grab your attention again, I sopke to somoner on ebay who said the Dutch keyboards were avalable.

This is the one for my computer - https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?msn=30021566

This is the person I found on ebay, the keyboard looks identical, but has a slightly different model number and is half the price! - https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?msn=30022684

Now I know that one is avalable, how do I go about ordering one and can you find out if the cheaper keyboard will work on my laptop.

Thanks

Natalie

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 13 sur 20
5 052 Visites
Message 13 sur 20
5 052 Visites

@natswright 

Hi

For ordering , on the medion site,just follow through on the serviceshop website, click on the link (in blue if available) , create an account when prompted if you haven't got one already and complete the purchase. this will obviously fit and be guaranteed.

Now , as regard to wether a keyboard for for an X7851 will fit your x7847 , I will need to check with my service team and get back to you. Hopefuly later today.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 14 sur 20
11 075 Visites
Message 14 sur 20
11 075 Visites

@natswright 

I have now spoken to my service team, unfortunately without testing it they can't confirm it is going to work, there could be firmware issues even if it did fit. it wouldn't be supported.

I can't stop you trying it, espetialy if the ebay seller accept returns but I can't garantie it will work.
This is really your call.
Whatever you choose I hope it goes well.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

natswright
Trainee
Message 15 sur 20
5 007 Visites
Message 15 sur 20
5 007 Visites

Great news is the keyboard from ebay, despite being for a slightly different model, works perfectly. Its a German layout, which takes a bit of getting user to, but as I can touch type, works ok for me. I may get sticker overlays and if it is possible at some point for medion to supply the correct keyboard that would be great. As I mentioned earlier, the ebay seller had actually bough a replacement keyboard from medion, so quite how he did this baffles me when I'm unable to buy one!! Anyway, the German layout keyboard works for now!

aryaalin
Trainee
Message 16 sur 20
4 577 Visites
Message 16 sur 20
4 577 Visites

Recently you can search for the purchase link of X7847 keyboard on Google, I hope it is still helpful to you. http://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-keyboard-for-medion-erazer-x7847-md60269-md60290-md60425-md6034...

natswright
Trainee
Message 17 sur 20
4 572 Visites
Message 17 sur 20
4 572 Visites

Thanks for the link, i've long since sold the Laptop, however I did manage to get a German keyboard!

D3XT3R
Beginner
Message 18 sur 20
4 453 Visites
Message 18 sur 20
4 453 Visites

Hi there Natswright,

I'm currently fixing a medion laptop for a friend and had to purchase a German layout keyboard.

However E=Space & Space=E, Z=Y & Y=Z, 3=W & W=3

Did you have any such issues? Really sucks that there are no available spares, and their back up

software is non existent, had to do a fresh install of Win 10 to an SSD and now I have to add drivers 😞

natswright
Trainee
Message 19 sur 20
4 446 Visites
Message 19 sur 20
4 446 Visites

I had no such issues, the keyboard worked just fine. The first time I connected it, the keys were a bit weird, but re-seating the cable sorted that out. Seems the ribbon cable is very sensitive to connecting, so worth time to check the connection is just right!

D3XT3R
Beginner
Message 20 sur 20
4 436 Visites
Message 20 sur 20
4 436 Visites

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it another look

19 RÉPONSES 19