Did you mean: 

Erazer X7734 P2A4-EM BIOS UPDATE FAIL BLACK SCREEEN

4 REPLIES 4
repukiro
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Erazer X7734 P2A4-EM BIOS UPDATE FAIL BLACK SCREEEN

I need urgent help, I have tried to update the bios with the AGESA 1.0.0.6 update thread file from windows 10 with AFUWINGUI and now my computer does not show anything on screen when I turn it on and the fan sounds at maximum speed.

I hope that some of the experts in this forum can tell me about some method of recovering the bios from a USB stick, or if it is possible to find a replacement for the bios chip.

I await your responses, thanks.

@Major_ToM

4 REPLIES 4
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @repukiro ,

if your computer "...does not show anything on screen", it could turn out to be a major issue.

Could you please describe the single steps you did before and during the update procedure?

To make sure we´re talking about the same PC please namethe 8-digit MSN starting with 1002xxxx

pc back.PNG

Greets.

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
repukiro
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi the number is MSN:10021804

The system where updated to ver 107 whithout problems. maybe at the end of 2018.

I will tell you what I did on Friday below

I used the file wflash64.bat but it looked like it did nothing, opened a cmd window and closed in an instant.
I don't remember whether to restart the computer there or not.
Then use the AFUWINGUI, select the file P2A4W0X.202 that I assumed is the one that contains the update of the bios, it is the one that appears in the two .bat files
I saw in the AFUWINGUI program that the description information of the bios appeared with Chinese characters, it seemed strange to me but it is something that happens with some programs and files, I did not give it importance, badly done.
Press the flash button and started reading on the grid marking the squares read in blue, then began to register in the middle of the grid, leaving about four rows in gray, finished registering and did the complete verification, with the grid completely in green with the complete verification, the program did not show any complete operation message or anything like that for a minute or two, so I understood that it was over, I think this is another possible error, and close the program and reset the computer .

Since then it did not turn on again.

I have done several tests, it does not show activity with a flash drive with an activity led when it is booted connected to a USB 2.0 on the board or 3.0 either on the board or front, I have replaced the graphics card and it does not give video, nor does any beep sound when boot, or removing the RAM or graphics card.

In 2018 I do not remember how I updated it but it did not give problems.
I am afraid that I did not put the correct bios or I did something wrong, a friend told me that I should update from the bios itself, not from windows.

Is there a possibility of repair or is it junk?

Thanks for your time.

Translated using google translator.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Now I can imagine what happened,

talking about the ECS P2A4-EM mainboard you have to remind that there are different boardrevisions in usage.

MEDION ERAZER X7734 is a revision with Bios 1.x and you tried to install Bios 2.x which leads to the failure.

So with that happening to your PC you only can contact your service center to get the PC fixed/repaired.
Where did you buy it?

Greets,

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
repukiro
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello again.
The computer was purchased from the Mediamarkt chain in Spain around November 2018.

Unfortunately I am afraid that Mediamakt will offer me a refund, after fighting for it and wasting time without a computer. Mediamarkt does not give an option to repair the equipment and I repeat, I can not be without a computer, so last Saturday I acquired a new ASUS b450M-A motherboard in which I have installed all the hardware of the equipment in the same case and with windows 10 I have not had to reinstall anything, it has directly started with all the drivers fine.

In any case, the return was not possible either since it replaced the m2 drive with a 500GB WD, and the one that came with the equipment is being used in other tasks.

However, if for example it can be fixed with a file on a USB 2.0 connected USB stick and removing the red jumper from clear_cmos, this guessing, can be any other procedure.

If you can tell me a technical service where to send only the motherboard, I would be interested to either reassemble it on this computer, since the new motherboard leaves the graphics card very attached to the power supply and cables, or to be able to use it to mount other equipment as soon as it is repaired.

If none of these things is possible, repair it by myself, or send only the motherboard to technical service, I close the issue and resolved, again thanking you for your time and dedication in trying to solve my problem.

4 REPLIES 4