17 REPLIES 17
Ripley
New Voice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

No network card in my new ERAZER - DEPUTY P40

Hello,

I've receveid my new laptop today.

I installed Windows but during the installation I had a message indicating that I was not connected to Internet whereas I had connected the network cable. No network adapter is found in device manager.

I restarted the computer, at the BIOS level I can't find the LAN controller.

It's as if the network card had not been installed in the laptop!

I don't know what to do...

Please help !

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Ripley
New Voice
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Very strange indeed...

I've donwloaded the package on the the medion service page.

So, your advice is to execute the 22 pilots ?

Thanks again @Fishtown for your help... on a sunday !

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Hello @Ripley 
If you buy the computer new with an operating system (Win11), the drivers can be found on drive D :  and are part of it. but since you bought one without an operating system, you can use the driver package and use the drivers that windows does not find or load them immediately when installing windows via USB stick.

Here are some installation tips if there are problems with the WLAN driver during the initial installation.

https://www.cdiscount.com/odr/imagesok/CommercialOffer/conditions_86432202305021449389881.pdf

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Ripley
New Voice
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Thank you so much @Fishtown for your help.

The last pilote has been found among the files you have provided.

The sound is ok now and it was the last problem 🙂

Bye ! 

And again thank you !

Noro
Newcomer
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Hi there, I anser to this topic for 2 reason. First, I had EXACTLY the same bug (I could had taken the same screenshot myself) and thanks to this topic I was able to solve it. So thanks a lot !

Second, I, too, wasnt able to download drivers from the Medion site, it dont matters wich one. I see them all at "0 bytes" and cant download anything. Just wanted you to know about that. Since Ripley has his system in french, and I'm from France myself, maybe it has something to do with the issue. I asked a friend to try to download anything and he also had the same issue.

That's it, have a nice day 🙂

Ripley
New Voice
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Hi @Noro, thanks for your message, I feel less alone 😉

I thought I did something wrong during the installation, but in the end maybe not...

Anyway, I'm glad these exchanges solved your problem !

Izy
Beginner
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Hello everyone (ou devrais-je dire bonjour? :D).

The mighty Fishtown linked me this thread that helped me solving the same problem too.

Wanted to add my piece just to thank you and maybe incetivize MEDION to release some basic driver for at least access to internet, with whether wifi or ethernet cable. It would makes things so much easier and would release a lot of novice customers for hours of stress struggling with the drivers.

Btw, how did you upgrade your wifi first @Ripley ? I wanted to follow your steps but didn't know how to do it.. I just managed to download the driver pack via some link that actually worked (not all of them :(, same issue with the 0 bytes download) and the LAN driver unlocked the ethernet connection, thus everything.

Anyway, glad everyone here found a solution and hope we all enjoy this machine now 🙂

Ripley
New Voice
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Hello ! 

Je continue en français, plus facile pour moi 😉

Contente que ces échanges t'aient permis de régler ton souci, merci pour ton message @Izy. Clairement très stressant...

Alors, si je me rappelle bien, je crois que j'ai fini par réussir à installer les pilotes du wifi grâce à DriversCloud.

Il y a un utilitaire qui se télécharge sur clé usb afin de s'exécuter sur l'ordinateur sans connexion internet.

Il génère un fichier à enregistrer sur la clé. Sur un ordinateur avec internet, il faut le transmettre à DriversCloud pour avoir la liste des drivers suggérés.

Ensuite, il faut trouver le bon périphérique puisqu'ils sont tous inconnus...

En ouvrant les propriétés d'un périphérique en erreur, dans l'onglet détails, on peut trouver différents éléments comme l'identifiant du périphérique. En cherchant sur internet avec l'Id on trouve le périphérique.

Il me semble que c'est comme cela que j'ai identifié le wifi et mis à jour le pilote avec celui suggéré par DriversCloud ou que j'ai trouvé moi-même, je ne me souviens plus.

Avec internet sur l'ordinateur il est alors beaucoup plus facile de trouver les pilotes.

Voilà, bon courage pour ceux qui rencontrent ce type de problème !

En espérant que cela vous aide. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@Ripley @Izy @Noro

@Fishtown  schrieb:

... installing these:

https://www1.medion.de/downloads/?op=search&lang=uk&type=TEXT&param=deputy+p40&imageField.x=0&imageF...

This Driver Download does work, if you do a right click on the "Download" Link, 

choose copy the link adress,

than you open a new browser page, and paste the copied adress in the browser adressline.  

Bye, daddle

17 REPLIES 17