SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Aleksander
Trainee
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 (MD35081) randomly reboots/crashes

Hi everyone

I have Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 (MD35081) for almost 2 years now and I have been trying everything to fix the random crashes while playing! I have checked  all the cables and drivers all are good I did even change the RAMs to better once and the problem is getting worst every day.. 

I tried to update my BIOS but I cant. 

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 (MD35081)

Hardware

• Intel Core i9-11900KF Processor
  • 1 TB SSD + 2 TB HDD & 32 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 

Windows 11 Home

more information& bios version

30b06f332e56fc792a8bdb07ec87ffae.png

I know alot of people having this issue and everyone tagging a legend named @Andi. I cant play games anymore cuz of this problem. 

Thank you guys for the help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aleksander
Trainee
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

THIS FIX worked for me Thanks to @Andi 

Here are the instructions:

• Close all running programs.
  • Download the update from this link: https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_Bios_z490_w.zip 
  • Do NOT double-click into the zip file "00_Bios_z490_w.zip" directly; instead, unzip it first. If the ZIP is not unpacked separately, files may be reported as incorrectly written or not found.
  • Now, go to the folder where the ZIP was unpacked and start the "UPDATE.cmd" file by double-clicking.
  • Confirm the administrator request.
  • Please check during the process if the Windows product key is displayed. If the Windows product key is not displayed, be sure to terminate the update (press "N"), restart the PC, and then perform the update again. If the Windows product key is read, it will be saved in the "DPK.txt" file on the desktop.
  • Now, you can start the actual BIOS update by pressing the "Y" key.
  • After restarting with the updated BIOS, please use the product key from the "DPK.txt" file to activate Windows.
    • Win10: Settings - Update & Security - Activation - Update product key - Change product key
    • Win11: Settings - System - Activation - Update Windows Edition - Change
  • Print or otherwise permanently save the "DPK.txt" file.
  • If needed, re-enable the XMP profile and Resize Bar in the BIOS.

If a Blue Screen appears or Windows does not start after the BIOS update, it may be because the new BIOS version has different settings. In that case, please change the following two options in the BIOS:

• Turn on the PC and press "DEL" to enter the BIOS.
  • Switch the BIOS to "Advanced Mode" with F7.
  • Click on the "SETTINGS" tile.
  • Next to it, click on "Advanced."
  • Click on "Integrated Peripherals."
  • Change the "SATA Mode" option from "[AHCI MODE]" to "[RAID/Optane Mode]."
  • Change the "M2_1 - RST Pcie Storage Remapping" option from "[Disabled]" to "[Enabled]."
  • Press F10 to save and exit.
  • Confirm with "Yes."

If the PC wants to restart, enter the BIOS again with "DEL." Switch the BIOS to "Advanced Mode" with F7. Click on the "SETTINGS" tile. Next to it, click on "Boot." Click on "UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities." Click on "Boot Option #1." For Windows to start, "[Windows Boot Manager]" must be set as the first entry here. Change if necessary. Press F10 to save and exit. Confirm with "Yes."

After I updated from the file Andi sent to me I went to MSI website and downloaded the newest version of BIOS and now everything is nice and smooth:) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aleksander
Trainee
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I've noticed that I'm not the only one with this issue.  
The screen goes black without the PC shutting down and then turns back on like it had just restarted.

Alot of people saying that the BIOS need to be updated and it would fix the problem However the solution involves downloading a more recent BIOS version from MSI (MPG z490 gaming edge wifi motherboard). But when i download (2 file) it to my prepared USB stick (bootable) the M-FLASH does not see the files, it sees the folder and everything but do not recognize it as bios firmware.

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 (MD35081)
Current BIOS: E7C79WOX.205 06/11

Aleksander
Trainee
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

THIS FIX worked for me Thanks to @Andi 

Here are the instructions:

• Close all running programs.
  • Download the update from this link: https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_Bios_z490_w.zip 
  • Do NOT double-click into the zip file "00_Bios_z490_w.zip" directly; instead, unzip it first. If the ZIP is not unpacked separately, files may be reported as incorrectly written or not found.
  • Now, go to the folder where the ZIP was unpacked and start the "UPDATE.cmd" file by double-clicking.
  • Confirm the administrator request.
  • Please check during the process if the Windows product key is displayed. If the Windows product key is not displayed, be sure to terminate the update (press "N"), restart the PC, and then perform the update again. If the Windows product key is read, it will be saved in the "DPK.txt" file on the desktop.
  • Now, you can start the actual BIOS update by pressing the "Y" key.
  • After restarting with the updated BIOS, please use the product key from the "DPK.txt" file to activate Windows.
    • Win10: Settings - Update & Security - Activation - Update product key - Change product key
    • Win11: Settings - System - Activation - Update Windows Edition - Change
  • Print or otherwise permanently save the "DPK.txt" file.
  • If needed, re-enable the XMP profile and Resize Bar in the BIOS.

If a Blue Screen appears or Windows does not start after the BIOS update, it may be because the new BIOS version has different settings. In that case, please change the following two options in the BIOS:

• Turn on the PC and press "DEL" to enter the BIOS.
  • Switch the BIOS to "Advanced Mode" with F7.
  • Click on the "SETTINGS" tile.
  • Next to it, click on "Advanced."
  • Click on "Integrated Peripherals."
  • Change the "SATA Mode" option from "[AHCI MODE]" to "[RAID/Optane Mode]."
  • Change the "M2_1 - RST Pcie Storage Remapping" option from "[Disabled]" to "[Enabled]."
  • Press F10 to save and exit.
  • Confirm with "Yes."

If the PC wants to restart, enter the BIOS again with "DEL." Switch the BIOS to "Advanced Mode" with F7. Click on the "SETTINGS" tile. Next to it, click on "Boot." Click on "UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities." Click on "Boot Option #1." For Windows to start, "[Windows Boot Manager]" must be set as the first entry here. Change if necessary. Press F10 to save and exit. Confirm with "Yes."

After I updated from the file Andi sent to me I went to MSI website and downloaded the newest version of BIOS and now everything is nice and smooth:) 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Aleksander

Very nice. A good and comprehensive guide.

A question: After the Update did you use M-Flash to update the latest MSI Bios Versions?

Cheers, daddle

Aleksander
Trainee
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi 

Yeah Andi is a legend! 

Yes ofc. I have now the 2023 version and it’s the newest one.  

4 REPLIES 4