Message 1 of 7

Medion ERAZER ENGINEER E10 (MD34698)

6 REPLIES 6
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @xelfmade,

That`s an excellent unit, but what is your question?

Cheers,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
xelfmade
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I hade issue with knowing how to add SATA SSD but I found the power connector and had a spare sata connector so I have my old harddriver now.

Also how to find pci-e power connectors. But they were all available hidden in the chassi. I try my old GPU R9 200 series. (Needed 8-pin & 6-pin) and it worked.

2 problems solved. This computer seems upgradable. 

Main questions today if this motherboard can run overclocked CPU? Ex: i5 9600K ?

Today I som going to install 3 chassi fan on this pre-build PC.

So far I som satisfied about this PC. 

For beginners its a good PC!

PC Info that doesnt show anywere before this purchase:

Power Supply: 650W 

NVMe slots: 2 

Motherboard: B360H-EM

Max ram: 32 GB

A negative review is it that PC need an imortant Windows Update that was Hard to install. It wouldnt download update and when i restart PC for the update it took several hours. I manually downloaded the latest windowse 10 update in max 30 minutes. 

I hope someone have advantage from this info.

I could reply and update this thread.

Main questions today if this motherboard can run overclocked CPU? Ex: i5 9600K ? I will try anyway if no answer for this.

Future plan:

1-2 more SSD upgrade (probably Kingston 960 GB)

GPU upgrade (rtx probably)

NVMe upgrade (2 TB Samsung Evo 860)

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

The negative review doesn't count since W10 does a major update every 6 months 🙂

About adding more SSD, make sure you check the MB specs to avoid bandwidth share or possible conflicts,  also to be sure what type of M2 to buy and be supported / what settings have to be adjusted on BIOS/UEFI.

As point of consideration is the power supply upgrade if you intend to place an RTX video card considering that a RTX 2060 use 160W while an RTX 3090 eats 350W. 

Cheers

xelfmade
New Voice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your kind reply!

I appriciate all info I can get since I' no expert but have learned a lot by building on this PC.

I bought this PC in Sweden on "NetOnNet.se" as you can tell there is no specs-info. For 700 euro i got i5 9400F, 8 GB ram, 500 GB m.2 SSD (NVMe). 

Chassifan: 1 fan in back and 1 in front. 

There are 3 more slots available. Today om going to install in them. 

Wish me good luck!

Best regards,

Jonathan

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Now I'm lost. Medion ERAZER ENGINEER E10 MD 34698 is an AMD based PC. (AMD Ryzen 5 3500 to be more precise). If you have i5 CPU would explain the code for motherboard since B360 is a intel chipset. However, i5-9400F is overclock locked (unlike i5-****K and i5-****X which are unlocked).

Additional fans have low impact on power usage and system stability but if you consider M2.SSD upgrade try to see the exact model and manufacturer of your MB in order to get the right information. Try to take a picture of MB where we can see the model

example:

The other components are identified by Windows quite accurate (including the CPU model) as long as all the drivers are coming from windows updates.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Edit. Is this one? because that would make all things a lot easier. https://www.netonnet.se/art/gaming/gamingdator/stationar-gamingdator/medion-erazer-engineer-e10-md34...

xelfmade
New Voice
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello again,

I was locked out from my account here during the weekend but I recover it now.

Anyway fan upgrade are running properly.

My SSD upgrade still running fine.

Ram upgrade is making the computer more stabile cause on always on multi-task.

The PC is correctly from that link you sent (with Intel i5 CPU).

I still wondering if someone believe I can run a K-CPU? 

6 REPLIES 6