cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop NOT waking up from Standby with KEYBOARD/MOUSE.

SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7
INeedHelp
Trainee
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Laptop NOT waking up from Standby with KEYBOARD/MOUSE.

The keyboard or Mouse do not 'wake up' the laptop from standby. 

I'm having a similar problem with my laptop Crawler e10 it isn't waking up from standby with the mouse/keyboard interaction. I've only had it for a few days now, I've done a proper clean install and got the drivers from clevo.com.tw and putting in my device details. I've used 'Device Manager' to check and update every single item. The keyboard/mouse, HID, ACPI drivers don't have Power Management tabs and when they do the option for wake up is 'greyed out', I have rolled back/ reinstalled drivers for the Keyboard, Mouse, ACPI, and HID devices. The laptop is ACPI compatible, 10th gen Intel. I had a problem with the laptop not waking when the lid opens. The setting from windows didn't help, BUT the setting was found in the BIOS, there is no option there to enable wake up from keyboard/mouse/HID. Please help me resolve this as the function is built into Windows with ACPI and I know the feature is possible just not available for some reason. 

EDIT:

Laptop: Crawler E10, MSN 30029419

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
INeedHelp
Trainee
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi thanks for the help guys, I'm not sure what the problem was but another clean install from recovery fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @INeedHelp ,

have you checked if you NB is not hibernating instead of sleeping? And have you verified battery levels were not down below the threshold to have the sleep/hibernate/switch off mode automatically enabled?

If you need guidance, this link here shows you how to verify these settings

Regards,

Gehringer

INeedHelp
Trainee
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Gehringer ,

I have checked the setting, and it is set to sleep when the lid closes, and when i press the power button, and sleep after 15mins no activity. The battery levels were sufficient, and the problem is still there at full charge with the power cable connected. I have started experiencing more problems now. The touchpad is getting disconnected completely with no input. This happened after i connected another mouse via USB, The wireless mouse on USB is able to wake the laptop automatically, I didn't have to change any settings or anything, but once I disconnect the USB wireless mouse the touchpad on the laptop is not working at all. Even after a full restart of the system.

I went through all of the steps in that webpage and have reset my pwrconfig to default using command prompt and the problem is still there. I am thinking this might be driver installation problem. 

Please help me solve this problem, I can't always have a USB mouse with me, this is a very new laptop so there shouldn't be these problems. 

Regards

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

My Medion laptop (different model)  also does not wake up from keyboard / touch pad interaction nor by opening the lid. I just press the power button and its coming back to live (I've never bother to find out why is not responding to the keyboard) although under W10 I set up the power button to do shut down. It is possible that under bios (uefi) the keyboard wake up to be disable and there is no option to change that.

My guess is that how were build.

See how it works to wake up with power button.

INeedHelp
Trainee
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

It works fine with the power button, I guess it's something I'll have to live with.

I am now having issues with the touchpad not working. I'll use an external mouse for a bit and then my touchpad stops working completely, it's still not working after rebooting.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Make sure is not disabled from Fn key. I keep mine disabled all the time and the states on/off is kept over shut down and restarts. Also locating the exe file for that was quite easy as the name is "TouchpadEnableDisable.exe"

Check the Fn keys.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @INeedHelp ,

if your issue with the touchpad continues after @sweetpoison valuable advice, please get in touch with your local Medion technical support service.

Regards,

Gehringer

INeedHelp
Trainee
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi thanks for the help guys, I'm not sure what the problem was but another clean install from recovery fixed the issue.

7 REPLIES 7