cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing SSD which has windows installed.

2 REPLIES 2
Raheel
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Replacing SSD which has windows installed.

I have a laptop with 256 nvme ssd. I want to install 1tb nvme. 

Can i get the softwares intalled in medion gaming laptop again or i will lose it? 

2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@Raheel 

Hi, you will loose it if you repartition all drives. But you could save the folder Driver and Tools to an external drive.

Second you could clone your Windows system partititon  C: onto the new drive, and you will loose nothing.

The "how to" depends on your PC. You don't give a name nor a MD- and the MSN-Number, which would be needed to identoify your pc and the  installed components.

cheers, daddle

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Back up all your date from original M2 Drive on a external drive big enough and use a close software like AOMEI Backupper to create a disk image (that will include the hidden partitions as well). When you create the image make sure you save it on external drive. Same software allow you to create a boot USB with the program in order to restore/clone your ssd. Once you create the bootable usb and have the ssd image saved on usb disk replace the m2, boot from bootable usb, connect the external disk which contain the image and select restore disk from image. Do not let the program to resize the partitions. Once it's all done go to windows disk management and create a new partition from the empty space.

So, you need to have ready a usb stick to be made bootable and an external usb drive big enough to hod your documents and the original ssd image.

Cheers

Edit,

Now that I've seen your other thread where you mention a Medion Crawler P10 laptop I can say for sure that you will gain more performance by adding 1TB SSD sata3 in HDD bay which should be used as storage. Also adding SATA SSD doesn't involve the headache with disk clone and stuff

2 REPLIES 2