Did you mean: 

Gpu & cpu overheating

11 REPLIES 11
hearny90
Trainee
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Gpu & cpu overheating

Hi guys I'm at ends needs with this laptop now, I bit the Bullet and purchased another mic a usb one rather than aux and decided not to send it back,

However my next problem is not great, lowest setting on cod warzone I am seeing temperatures of 95oC plus on both cpu and gpu now, and before it does overheat not even seeing 80fps, can someone help please I've never had gaming laptops or PCs I only purchased due to recently becoming seriously disabled in a crash and can no longer hold a controller so did not see the point in purchasing the xbox series x, and a gaming pc was not an option, but are £1200 laptops this bad or am I just unlucky

Thanks luke 

Sorry for the essay

Intel I7 10750h, 16gb ram, rtx2060

11 REPLIES 11
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Welcome to forum @hearny90 

Overheating is the price a laptop pays for packing all that power into a small case. The airflow and cooling is way less efficient compared to a desktop. 

A cooling pad might help (see the bottom of laptop where are the ventilation grills to match the cooling pad. Also lowering a bit the graphic details for games and strict control over FPS can help to prevent overheating. If we are talking about a shooters it's better medium details at 60 FPS than high details with occasional high FPS and stutter caused by overheating.

Overall, yes, laptops tend to overheat on heavy loaded games and that use to affect the gameplay.

If you can provide the MSN of your laptop might be some one here to provide more information.

Cheers

hearny90
Trainee
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Good afternoon

Thanks for the reply I will limit the fps this afternoon and let you no the results here is the msn30029469

Thanks luke 

hearny90
Trainee
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I forgot to mention all the detail on shooters are being set to the lowest possible setting 

Thanks luke

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

For Nvidia card low details without a frame count control it's just as bad as exaggerate high details. What happens is that the GPU is trying to get max fps (like >200) and by that gets bottleneck by overheat.

Set up a frame control to 60 fps (or even 45) then start adding details bit by bit until you get an average 75 Celsius on GPU/CPU.

In some cases details from game options eats more resources than post process reshade for the almost same result on image (or even better) quality.

Let us know who goes after setting the cap on FPS.

Cheers

hearny90
Trainee
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I'm sorry but 45-60fps on this spec machine is ridiculous median should really advertise this , I could purchase a laptop with half this spec and still get the same results ,I must admit I am vey disappointed in median my friends ASUS rog same spec sits at 120fps comfortably with no issues.

hearny90
Trainee
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

my CPU temperature his 82oC and GPU 76oC just in the start menu for warzone with fans running at 100%

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

You're right, I should keep this kind of suggestions to myself. 

Hopefully someone else will have a better view about what can be done.

Cheers

Vends
Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hello, have u found any fix yet? I have Same problem for 2 years, very annoying.

hearny90
Trainee
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Mine went back for several repairs as the temperature killed the motherboard twice so I called the company I bought it off and under consumer rights received a full refund 

11 REPLIES 11