Beast X30 external display no G-Sync?

6 REPLIES 6
gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Beast X30 external display no G-Sync?

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a high specs Medion Eraser Beast X30 with RTX3080Ti.

Could anyone tell why the G-Sync option is not showing in the Nvidia control panel with an external display?

I have a G-Sync compatible LG QHD gaming monitor, connected with DisplayPort -> USB-C/Thunderbolt to the laptop. (I tried the HDMI too...)

There is image and everything works, but no G-Sync.

Interestingly the USB-C /Thunderbolt port ONLY outputs video when the laptop works in Optimus mode. In dGPU mode no signal at all, only on the HDMI.

But either way, there is not G-Sync no matter which display out I an trying, or dGPU on or off... (from control center or BIOS)

I had a Lenovo previously (with the same monitor, same cables) and always had G-Sync option showing correctly with my LG monitor.

I tired different cables but as I said everything was working fine with the old laptop I upgraded from. ☹️

Any suggestions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hello @gatgetshark, and welcome to the community.

Here are some instructions for activating G-SYNC:

Click with the right mouse button on a free space on the desktop and select the "NVIDIA Control Panel" in the context menu.
On the left-hand side, you should be able to see the item "Set up G-SYNC" under the section "Display" (if the menu item is not visible, open the section "Display" once by clicking on the plus symbol).
On the right-hand side you can now "Activate G-SYNC" and underneath you can set whether G-Sync should only be activated for full-screen mode or also for window and full-screen mode.

If you have any problems, please let us know.

Greetings,
Eastclintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

I do know how to turn G-Sync on. 👍

My problem is: there is NO G-SYNC OPTION showing in the Nvidia Control panel!

The settings there are quite limited when connected with USB-C/Thunderbolt.

It get more settings with HDMI, but G-Sync is still not showing up.

I guess the Nvidia GPU of the Beast X30 is not connected directly to the USB-C/Thunderbolt...

Yes. I turned the settings on on my monitor too. 

I am pretty sure this is either needs a firmware fix or the X30 just can not do G-Sync at all. (which would be a shame... 😪)

gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Please guys...

Am I really the only one who is missing a G-Sync feature on a 3K gaming laptop? 😕

EastClintwood
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello @gatgetshark,

I have consulted the relevant department, but unfortunately it turned out that G-Sync is not supported by this model.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

That's very unfortunate...

I would be great to have G-Sync working maybe with after a firmware update. 👍

gatgetshark
Trainee
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am only guessing, but...

Could I not get G-Sync on the Beast X30's HDMI port and a HDMI 2.1 compatible monitor?

Also, could you not tell why the Thunderbolt port/USB-C not outputting any image?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6