Erazer X40 Issues Freezing and Crushing when gaming

SOLVED
19 REPLIES 19
Sarria
Apprentice
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Erazer X40 Issues Freezing and Crushing when gaming

HI, I have this issue from the day i got the laptop. I have reinstalling the windows for 2 times, i have reinstall the video driver for several times too and nothing seams to work. For what i can see here, people are talking about the BIOS. My current version BIOS is N.1.14M EC version 0.27.00. Can anyone can tell me if there is any BIOS update i can make and where to find it? Ohh yes,my MEDION Windows Diagnostics app can`t provide me with any download links for any drivers.

19 REPLIES 19
Trom84
Contributor
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

@Sarria 

Was the Problem solved?

I have the same.problem...

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Yes, but sadly not by Medion. 

Trom84
Contributor
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@Sarria 

May i ask how it was solved?

Sarria
Apprentice
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

@Trom84 In this very topic on page1 down at the last post, you can see a solution from @Major_ToM 

Link to download latest version of BIOS and Installation guide (read carefully, don't rush, take your time) . I have the same BIOS version and the same EC, but as i said its not from Medion. 

Let me give you some tips!

• Don`t use 3rd party programs including Medion to install drivers . Use only windows update.
  • You can use Intel Driver & Support Assistent to update some intel drivers, but don`t install Intel® Arc™ Pro Series Graphics,Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel Wireless Adapters and Intel® Wireless Bluetooth.https://imgur.com/a/xys5JIZ 
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Hi.and thmbs up to @Sarria for your hint to the solution.

@Trom84 : Please let us know, if you nee any further assistance...

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Trom84
Contributor
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@Major_ToM 

I have received my laptop back from the Support.

My bios Version is the latest one as before.

N.1.23MED08 from the 1.08.2023.

I die Not install anything besides the nvidia drivers and the gog so that i can play cyberpunk 2077.

I got my laptop yesterday all frech from medion Support back.

And direkt after 70 min in the game a wgite screen crash.

I play in gaming Mode and on the highest settings.

Everythimg runs smoothly Till it got white,as all the Times before.

@Sarria thanks for youre advise but it crashed nevertheless.

Im really sad about all this because when it runs it is a blast.

What can we do about this

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Hi @Trom84 ,

this is sad to hear, that the repair process did not solve the issue. Our tech team has to do further investigations on this issue to find out, in which way we can fix this one. Regarding this we ordered another defective unit with the same error pattern direchtly to our tehnical HQ and will personally come back to you via private message, to inform you about further steps to be done.

We keep you updated!

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Trom84
Contributor
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

@Major_ToM 

This is nice to hear.

I REALLY hope this Problem can be solved.

I will get me a camera and try to get it on tape.

I played cyberpunk in the almost highest settings and this triggert it faster.also i saw that when i play on this settings it drains battery percentage even we plugged in.

As the laptop is based on the xmg neo 17 ,perhaps they can help?

But i will be pleased to hear from you.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Hi @Trom84 ,

we´ll check and doublcheck  as soon as we´re in possesion of the faulty unit and coorespon with the manufacturer.But getting things on camera is always a good idea, so that anyone, who is involved in the investigation process can make itself a picture

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

MurdoD
Beginner
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Hi @Major_ToM 

Is this still the latest available? I have just got my X40 and it has BIOS 1.20 / EC 1.08

I was hoping for something newer, with resizable bar control and disable the undervolt protection (Intel XTU)

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19