Dragoshhh
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
3.265 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
3.265 Aufrufe

Erazer Beast X25 BIOS problems

Hello!

I have some problems with my laptop. I sent it 3 weeks ago in warranty service due to graphics card problems. Now I have it back from the workshop and the motherboard has been replaced, model GM7ZG7P. But now I have other problems. I get random "blue screen of death" with errors like video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver_power_state_failure and I can not change the fan speed in the media control center and my performance profiles are all messed up. I have tried to reinstall Windows as well as different versions of Control Center.

I think all this is happening because the motherboard may have the wrong bios on it. I have checked and the BIOS version is N.1.19.MED09 with EC version 1.27.00.00

Can you please send me a bios update or downgrade and a complete list of drivers for my model so I can use my device?
Thanks!

5 ANTWORTEN 5
Gehringer
Retired
Nachricht 2 von 6
3.256 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
3.256 Aufrufe

Hi @Dragoshhh ,

I believe the best solution for your case would be to return the unit to the workshop informing the problems you had with it.

If you want to try to solve the problem yourself, please check this link here with insights on how to solve Blue Screen Problems.

For BIOS updates, we always recommend you to use the Device Manager tool.
Right click on start menu -> select device manager from the list ->  right click on firmware -> select update driver -> use the automatic search option.

If there is a BIOS update available, it will be installed

Drivers updates can also be performed via the device manager, by selecting the specific driver and following the same procedure.

Automatic Windows updates also install the latest version of these drivers so keep your Windows updated to its latest version, including optional driver package updates.

Regards,

Gehringer

Dragoshhh
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 6
3.255 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
3.255 Aufrufe

Hey,

I would like first to see if there is any way Medion can help me, because at this point if I have to wait 3 more weeks to have it back from service I would just return it.  I have also opened a help ticket with Medion Sweden (where I live) so I am willing to wait a bit for a direct link to a BIOS version for the mainboard i specified. Windows update does not give me anything and I cannot find anything on the internet either.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Nachricht 4 von 6
3.247 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
3.247 Aufrufe

Hi,

I don't know if it helps or if will solve any problem but here it goes. For the last 2 months I get a BSOD 1-3 times a week for no good reason. I didn't install anything new, I didn't run any updates other than windows (no antivirus, just windows defender), no other extra activities added or reduced compared to what I did in last 6 months. Yet, BSOD right after microsoft announced w11 in beta test version and of course my choice of stepping out of insider program since I have no use for another Big Brother (google is enough as it is). 

So the point is, it might be the operating system which generates those BSOD. Wrong Bios version on a mother board is what can be called "shoot in the dark". In over 20 years I never encounter a single case. So if windows or medion don't offer a bios update don't try to do that by hand, it won't end up well.

I still think it's a software (and/or drivers) problem.

Dragoshhh
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.243 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
3.243 Aufrufe

Thanks for the reply!

I can definitely rule out an OS problem, I have tried to reinstall windows several times and I have those problems regardless. I haven't tried beta Windows 11 so that's a good one out. In the meantime I have discovered that the EC v1.27 causes problems with performance profiles and fans, and apparently 1.26 is a good version, but I cannot find it anywhere and there is absolutely no info on bios updates on these models from Medion. I got this info from another Tongfang reseller that has a very similar model. 😕 

Dragoshhh
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 6
3.074 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
3.074 Aufrufe

Can confirm I wasn't able to solve the problems with it and was forced to return it. Definitely wouldn't recommend this model! Thread can be closed. 

5 ANTWORTEN 5