Eraser P15811 fan noise

9 REPLIES 9
Alffly
New Voice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Eraser P15811 fan noise

Hello,

I recently purchased a Medion Erazer P15811, and I've been extremely disappointed by the fan noise. While idling the system is basically silent, but while gaming the fan becomes very loud, so loud that I can hear it even when playing with headphones. I've checked the vents and nothing is blocked, the system is days of so it's dust free, and I've placed it on a lap tray so it should be getting enough air flow.

I decided to test the system, so I ran Unigine's Heaven while checking the noise level with a phone app. While idling the app monitored the system at around 20 decibels; while running Heaven the fans were running at over 70 decibels. The same is true while running even a low-poly game like Train Valley 2.

Is this normal? It seems excessive to me, and compared to results I've found for other gaming laptops it's much higher. But then I've got no previous experience with laptop gaming, so I'm unsure if this is just the way things are. Medion Windows Diagnostics hasn't detected any problems. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: This is while running in Entertainment. In Quiet mode the system is quiet but the GPU runs at over 79 degrees c.

9 REPLIES 9
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Alffly ,

can you please provide the MSN number of your machine that you can find printed on a label underneath it?
It should start by 100, 300 or 500.

Also, have you used the control center to try to configure the performance/fan mode?

Regards,

Gehringer

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Welcome to the forum.

Looks normal what you describe. Quiet mode means low speed on fan therefore CPU/GPU runs hot. Also in normal mode when CPU start working hard the fan does some noise. 

Even for low poly games the GPU works at max capacity so you can do some "adjustments" to lower a bit the frame rate, that will help on lowering the GPU temperature.

see picture

For example, in an old game I get >300 fps meaning GPU 78-84 Celsius. Limiting to 60 FPS the temperature drops at 54-64 Celsius.

Cheers 

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @sweetpoison ,

I am sorry but the photo you posted is not visible, can you repost it please?

@Alffly, can you please provide the MSN number of your machine?

Regards,

Gehringer

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Gehringer 

Hi Gehringer, I guess you got a little bit mixed up. The user with the prob isn't sweetpoison, 

@Alffly send the request. And meanwhile sweetpoisons srceenshot is visible.

regards, daddle

Gehringer
Retired
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi @daddle , you were correct and I mixed things up indeed.

I have edited my reply so it now makes sense.

Still, I can't see the screenshot and I have tried different browsers.

Regards,

Gehringer

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@Gehringer 

You should make use of a good Medion PC. All my My Medion PCs do show it!  My different tablets and smartphones as well. 😉.

All with Chrome browser.

Regards, daddle

Alffly
New Voice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hey @Gehringer ,

The MSN number is 30028177.

The Control Centre is acting oddly. I can use it to set the Power Mode, but none of the other functions do anything when I click on them in the main menu. I get the Windows wait cursor for a few seconds but nothing actually happens.

Alffly
New Voice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hey @sweetpoison ,

Thanks for the response. I didn't know you could customise settings for individual games, so I'll give that a go. Cheers!

Gehringer
Retired
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Alffly ,

let us know if it worked!

Regards,

Gehringer

9 REPLIES 9