Charger compatibility

2 REPLIES 2
cellux
Trainee
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Charger compatibility

Hi!

The Medion Erazer X40 beast (msn 30035242) I got has a huge 330w Chicony charger.

I'm wondering whether it's possible to use a lighter charger for traveling.. Or at the very least I need a second unit to be placed in my office. What chargers is this laptop compatible with? Can I use any 19.5V charger that has the same DC plug or does it insist some on some specific charger?

I tried to charge it over usb-c, but sadly that doesn't work on this model, not even for slow charging.

2 REPLIES 2
cellux
Trainee
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Found a slim 230w charger for Erazer X25.. can it potentially work with X40?

This would be perfect for traveling. With reduced charging speed / perf of course.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hello @cellux and welcome
charging will be fine and the plug fits too.
On the other hand, it will be difficult to fully utilize the device via the slimmer power supply with 230 watts. since the GPU already has 150+ 25Watt booster and the CPU draws a minimum of 55 up to a maximum of 163 Watt. It is not without reason that the original power supply is stronger.
source of data/information:

https://www.pcwelt.de/article/1509449/medion-erazer-beast-x40-test-spiele-laptop-mit-rtx-4090.html

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
2 REPLIES 2