SOLVED
10 REPLIES 10
zothar
Trainee
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Changing video card

Hi

I have a Medion Erazer x7817, with a GeForce GTX 670m 1.5GB which is not working properly

Can I change it with a "N13E-GR-A2 For ASUS G75VX NVIDIA Graphic Card GTX670M DDR5 3GB VGA"

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @zothar,

you can reach NVIDIA's support page here.

In there you will find a lot of information regarding its products, including FAQ.

They also offer you support through FORUM, live chat and E-Mail.

I hope the information I have provided earlier may help you later during your journey.

Please come back to tell us if you got your issue solved.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi @zothar 

Sorry for late reply on this, could you give me the MSN number of your machine so i can check the specs and compatibility of the right model

in the meantime, if you haven't done so already ,could you check with  the seller of the graphic card if he is able to give you any indication that it is compatible with your model of laptop?

Also , would you be able to describe  the symptoms/issues you are experiencing, maybe we can troubleshoot this without you having to buy anything 😉  , also tell us which operating system you ae using . Many thx.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

zothar
Trainee
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi @TPFLegionaire 

First of all thank you for your replay

Secondly the MSN is 30014554

Thirdly, I've switched back to the GeForce video card, to experience the problems, so I can give you a better description, and the problem miraculously disappeared...

(I couldnt play Overwatch, because Ive got an error, that the driver is outdated, which is fine, I dont care about Overwatch that much, and I dont want to risk having problems again, and I did get a blue screen after couple of hours of gaming, which is probably a hard drive problem, but otherwise everything's fine so far)

I will come back if I experience some bigger problems later on

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

zothar
Trainee
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

By the way, the last problem with the video card was, that it freezed the screen, and I had to restart it

I'm using win7, but I had the same problem (and others with both) with win10 as well

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

moin @zothar 

Possible cause of frozen image:

Ram-Memory defective, check this

PC too hot, fan cleaning

Graphics card is not properly in the slot, contact difficulty

what are the other difficulties?

Tschüss Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
zothar
Trainee
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @Fishtown

Thank you for your reply

So far I'm not sure how smoothly I will be able to use my laptop for gaming, it did freeze one time, but it wasn't like before, now the game only stopped, not responding, and I was able to restart it

I want to give this couple of weeks to see, how would it work, and get back to this after

Thank you all for the comments

zothar
Trainee
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi again @Fishtown and @TPFLegionaire

The King has died. I mean the videocard. I would like to replace it, but I don't know which one is compatible

I've looked at ebay.co.uk, but I don't want to spend £90, and later release, it's not working

Can you pls help me out with this, and if you can, show me some examples via ebay.co.uk?

Thank you

P. S. I want a similiar card, nothing too expensive... 

Gehringer
Retired
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi @zothar,

here it follows your original graphic card specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M
* Codename: N13E-GS1-LP-A1
* Pipelines: 336 - unified
*Core clock: 598 MHz

* Shader clock: 1196 MHz
* Memory clock : 1500 MHz
* Memory bandwidth: 192 bits
* Memory type: GDDR5
* Max. Memory size: 3072 MB
* Shared Memory: no
* DirectX: DirectX 11, Shader 5.0
* Transistors: 1950 million
* Manufacturing
Process : 40nm * Features: Optimus, SLI, PhysX, Verde Drivers, CUDA, 3D Vision, 3DTV Play 

You can contact the manufacturer's customer service team and ask for a list of compatible graphic cards but we can only recommend you to use the original ones since they have been homologated for your product.

Please let me know if it helped.

Regards,

Gehringer

zothar
Trainee
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Gehringer

Thank you for the reply

Unfortunately the details is not helping in this situation

How can I contact the manufacturer's customer service team?

Thank you

Gehringer
Retired
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @zothar,

you can reach NVIDIA's support page here.

In there you will find a lot of information regarding its products, including FAQ.

They also offer you support through FORUM, live chat and E-Mail.

I hope the information I have provided earlier may help you later during your journey.

Please come back to tell us if you got your issue solved.

Regards,

Gehringer

10 REPLIES 10