cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding M.2 NVMe SSD into a ERAZER Engineer X10 (MD 34895)

SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
TonyW
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Adding M.2 NVMe SSD into a ERAZER Engineer X10 (MD 34895)

Hi,

I have an ERAZER Engineer X10 (MD 34895) and saw there was a second M.2 NVMe slot.

So I bought a 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Samsung 990Pro) and placed it in the second slot.

Unfortunately it is not recognized in the BIOS and thus also not in windows 11.

Is there any jumper that needs to be set? Why is the second slot there if it's not working?

thx!

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @TonyW and welcome
Your computer has an M.2 SSD PCIE installed and the second M.2 slot is for a SATA SSD. a PCIE is not recognized there.

Board :

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQs-about-the-mainboard-ECS-B560H6-EM2-V-1-1/ta-p/154304?searc...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @TonyW and welcome
Your computer has an M.2 SSD PCIE installed and the second M.2 slot is for a SATA SSD. a PCIE is not recognized there.

Board :

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQs-about-the-mainboard-ECS-B560H6-EM2-V-1-1/ta-p/154304?searc...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
TonyW
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thx for the quick response.

so what type does work in that slot?

I can't seem to find any sata ssd with a M.2 slot larger than 1TB

TonyW
New Voice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Fishtown 

according to the specs the board should accept PCIEx4GEN3 (M2_1) ssd's.

I just tried with a Samsung 990 Pro (PCIe4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD) and it's not recognized.

It does work in a Lenovo T480.

So are the specs wrong?

-- edit --

Nevermind... the Samsung Pro is a GEN4...  a bit confusing with the PCIEx4 notation.

Thx!

3 REPLIES 3