18 ANTWORTEN 18
burkm
Explorer
Nachricht 1 von 19
12.102 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 19
12.102 Aufrufe

AGESA 1.0.0.7 / 1.0.71 / 1.0.7.1 Bios update for P2A4-EM ryzen motherobards

To keep the subject alive and rolling I have opended up a new topic concerning the yet no-existent AGESA BIOS update 1.0.7.x, which has already been discussed in the 1.0.0.6 thread.

When will it appear ?

18 ANTWORTEN 18
burkm
Explorer
Nachricht 11 von 19
5.604 Aufrufe
Nachricht 11 von 19
5.604 Aufrufe

Not knowing if this is a hoax or malware or something else I flashed back to the original BIOS 206 (Medion) to make sure that nothing adverse is going to happen.

If a "real" modified BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.7 is available I will be happy to try reflashing the BIOS again...

Phantom
Contributor
Nachricht 12 von 19
5.526 Aufrufe
Nachricht 12 von 19
5.526 Aufrufe

It's neither a hoax nor a malware, please refrain from deliberately trying to damage someone's reputation if you simply don't have any knowledge. AGESA microcode is structured completely different than Intel microcode and as I consulted with other BIOS modders from win-raid, currently there is no option to update AGESA code with our current set of tools, maybe somewhen in the future. I worked only with Intel boards so far, ranging from Z68 all the way to Z170. Those older Medion boards are very popular in Eastern Europe, especially Poland and they are being sold here as new from factory stocks. The unofficial BIOS updates give those boards a longer lifespan as the platform itself is very decent, only hindered through the lack of official support. 

This is why I want to ask out of curiosity someone from the Medion staff like @TPFLegionaire @Major_ToM @Gehringer @Burki48 if they can ask the responsible team for BIOS updates what exact tools (I assume from AMI) they use.

Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 13 von 19
5.514 Aufrufe
Nachricht 13 von 19
5.514 Aufrufe

Hi @Phantom ,@burkm,

as an official statement I can assure both of you, that the BIOS version 2.06 (which contains AGESA 1.0.0.6) is the latest provided version from the manufacturer.
We don´t recommend to install any customised other versions due to the possible loss of guarantee rights, as well as we will not accept users providing customied versions via this Community.

If there are any questions stiil open, we´ll try to answer them.

Regards

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
burkm
Explorer
Nachricht 14 von 19
5.510 Aufrufe
Nachricht 14 von 19
5.510 Aufrufe

@Phantom,

Sorry when I offended you but the installation of your "custom BIOS" didn't show the expected results as stated in the posts before. I had to trust you that you did test this before, didn't I ? Not knowing you and your history I wasn't sure if that BIOS just didn't work as expected or was a "hoax with malware" as you didn't give any further directional explanation beforehand. Your answer to my feedback after the installation of your "custom BIOS" was also misleading in this respect being an experienced programmer as stated. After my original post that was your only reaction and nothing else afterwards. Just look at the timeline.

One never knows nowadays... Things do happen and I didn't wan't to "ruin" my working system at home otherwise i might have ended up with a non-functional "brick". 

So please don't be offensive yourself.

Let me repeat: Sorry if I were misled by what was happening.

PS.: I'm a senior software engineer with at least 25 years of experience in low level systems programming of industrial control systems of a well known (German) company, which operates worlwide 🙂

Sorry about my English as it is not my native tongue...

Phantom
Contributor
Nachricht 15 von 19
5.489 Aufrufe
Nachricht 15 von 19
5.489 Aufrufe

That's what I already know. It's just a shame that Medion is neglecting platforms that would otherwise be perfectly suitable for upgrades over the years and artificially cutting off this path. The structure of AGESA itself makes it at this point impossible to maintain a customized BIOS unlike Intel platforms which makes the whole BIOS situation look even more bleak. 

The loss of warranty is perfectly understandable and although for me something that is obvious, me and other developers warn potencial users of that fact in case we share custom BIOS with others. It's also not meant as an affront to the company, a hoax to people or anything in that regard, just genuine care for platforms that are EOL or sometimes just neglected by the manufacturers. It's done to keep the platforms alive for both economic and ecologic reasons.

I hope Medion will do a better job at maintaining the B550A4-EM, as unfortunately it was reported by a german tech magazine who got their hands on the first PC with this board that the shipped AGESA version is 1.0.0.2 instead of 1.0.0.3ABBA.

burkm
Explorer
Nachricht 16 von 19
5.483 Aufrufe
Nachricht 16 von 19
5.483 Aufrufe

@Phantom 

I hope our "argument" is over for now considering the facts...

Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 17 von 19
5.439 Aufrufe
Nachricht 17 von 19
5.439 Aufrufe

@Phantom , @burkm 

We know about the B550A4-EM for which we just provide a Bios Update to Version 1.02. It contains the AGESA 1.0.0.3 code and an optimized fan control and is already available via WU, so there isn´t be any personal customisation necessary for now.

Awesome, isn´t it?

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Phantom
Contributor
Nachricht 18 von 19
5.422 Aufrufe
Nachricht 18 von 19
5.422 Aufrufe

Awesome indeed, at the time when the pcwelt(.)de article was released it wasn't available for download just yet I assume. Hopefully this will continue and the platform won't get abandoned as fast as the P2-A4EM.

Major_ToM
Professor
Nachricht 19 von 19
5.362 Aufrufe
Nachricht 19 von 19
5.362 Aufrufe

Hi again,

referring to the post of @mrbock01 I´m not sure, that he´s aware, that there was a new BIOS version released in 2017 (Link)

Cherrs

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

18 ANTWORTEN 18