cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto XS Car Battery Charger MD 19787 - Not working only used once.

4 REPLIES 4
YamYam48
Beginner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Auto XS Car Battery Charger MD 19787 - Not working only used once.

I have a Auto XS Car battery Charger MD 19787.  It was bought from Aldi in February of 2021, so it is still under the 3 year warranty.

I have only used this once before to charge by car battery and then it was stored away.  It was successful in that instance.

I have had cause to use it again.  I have hooked it all up in accordance with the instructions and the display illuminated momentarily before going blank.

I have attempted to restart it and it does illuminate, again for only a moment before shutting down again.  It's very in convenient as my car battery really needs charging.

I have had to resort to a borrowed charger.  I have sent a query into Medion but I really don't know how long it will be before I get a response.

I do not think a repair is appropriate in this case, I would have thought a replacement charger would be in order.

has anyone else had any problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @YamYam48 ,

due to the fact, that we earned no further response to your topic, I´d suggest it the easiest way for you to directly get in touch with your local MEDION service contact, in case your charger shows a hardware defekt.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
YamYam48
Beginner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I took it back to Aldi.  It was still under the 3 year warranty so I had my money back.

The model I took back was actually an updated version of what I have bought some years before.  I dug it out of storage and used that and it still works fine.

The only reason really why I wanted the newer version is because it gives a more detailed update on the condition of the battery to be charged and the progress of the charge itself.

If Aldi have any more in I'll buy another one, there is no indication that they are going to.

All they seem to sell at Aldi these days is baby items and cycling equipment.  Long gone are the useful tools, walking gear and golf equipment.

Beginner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

ALDI XS Battery Charger MD 18559 Despite only being used successfully on half a dozen occasions, this Medion unit now refuses to work. When connected to the battery and then to the mains, the small screen will not illuminate. The plug fuse has been checked. I do not have the receipt but it should still be under guarantee.  Medion shows 2 years while Aldi gives 3 years but neither will entertain any help without the receipt. As this charger was purchased with my groceries, I DO NOT KEEP THE TILL RECEIPT !! 

Another electrical appliance that goes to landfill and a dissatisfied Aldi / Medion customer.  

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@0243718776 

Due to your MD Number your charger was sold by Aldi in 2018 and 2019.

So your guarantee is void. This you can check on the package, in Aldi there will be an action date imprinted.

The only possibility is you bought a leftover model  in late 2020, but for this of course you need the receipt.

Cheers, daddle

4 REPLIES 4