Windows XP Restoration Assistance- PC MT6 118910005367

8 REPLIES 8
DeepestBlue
Beginner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Windows XP Restoration Assistance- PC MT6 118910005367

Hi Forum,

I recently received a Medion 1189 in for recycling. It was in good working order so I decided to save it and use it as a vintage Windows XP gaming PC. I needed to erase the hard drive before I could take it home. I know I can reinstall Windows XP, and drivers are not a problem. I have a copy of the support CD, and can easily find any other missing drivers. However, I would like to fully restore the PC to how it was when it left the factory. Is there anywhere where I can download a full factory restore disk or image?

Thanks!

Edited: I missed a space in the subject line. Should read "PC MT6 1189 10005367".

8 REPLIES 8
mats749
Tutor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi @DeepestBlue 

Welcome to the community! 

Do you have the MD number or MSN number available? 

Thanks! 

mats749 

DeepestBlue
Beginner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi @mats749 , please see attached.

IMG_20211121_204336 (Small).jpg

mats749
Tutor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thanks @DeepestBlue 

Does the computer still have its recovery drive? Normally labeled D or E. 

Thanks 

Mats749 

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@DeepestBlue 

Here on this service page from the english part of the forum, you find some information

There you find drivers and the english manual.

The HowTo restoring the factory is written on page 73. But for this to start  the program PowerQuest you need the original 

Application and Support disk.

For license reasons Medion normally doesn't distribute the old recover files. On Partition D normally the recover files are stored. 

Edit: Indeed this pcs HDD has a third partititon  E:,  named Recover with the recover files.

That's what @mats749 referred to.

If you still have the original partition D  E: with the recover files, you might have a chance to get the application and support disk, if Medion still has a copy . But with a PC older then 12 /13 years I doubt it.

You could ask @Andi for it, In a similar case he could  provide another user with a compressed file, containig the contents of the original "Application and Support" disk.You only have to burn a CD with it. This wíll enable you to restore to factory shipping, if you still possess the original Recover Files (in a folder recover).

Cheers, daddle

DeepestBlue
Beginner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi, thanks for the replies. I needed to erase the hard drive before I could take the PC home. So it's completely blank. I do have the support CD (I coped the ISO file off before nuking the drive), but not the actual recovery files.

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@DeepestBlue 

What do you mean by "actual recovery files" ? There are the only the files which came with shipping the PC

Whatsoever, the Recover  Files Medion usually doesn't provide a second time, because of the Windows License, which is included.

If you are lucky you may find a friendly User, whose PC is down anyway, and can you send his image files. for the same model PC.  

cheers, daddle

DeepestBlue
Beginner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I'm referring to the files you talked about in your post!

"On Partition D normally the recover files are stored. "

"If you still have the original partition D  with the recover files"

I have a copy of the CD but obviously the recovery files aren't on that, they're on the now erased hard drive. I am aware Medion don't supply them which is why I'm posting here instead in the hope that someone in the community has them.

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@DeepestBlue 

Ok. I just wanted to understand properly. If you had expressed it that way it was clear.  In idiomatic german "Actual recovery files" are files with a time stamp shortly before now. (Sorry, I am german)  🙂

Anyway, I  wish you success.

daddle

8 REPLIES 8