13 ANTWOORDEN 13
Fred64
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 14
4.840 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 14
4.840 Weergaven

Win10 update fails on P5130 D (MD 8879)

Since purchasing this PC several years ago, automatic incremental Win10 updates have all installed without problem. I was on the latest Win10 release when I performed a PC Reset.  This reset Windows to the version that came with the PC (160).  I now find I can't update to the latest Win10.  Automatic update correctly installs small updates but major ones such as 1803 and 21H2 fail.  I tried MediaCreationTool 21H2.exe (Update this PC) but this too ultimately reports 'Installation failed'.  Has anyone else has this problem?  The PC uses a 240GB SSD and 2TB HD.

13 ANTWOORDEN 13
daddle
Superuser
Bericht 11 van 14
1.362 Weergaven
Bericht 11 van 14
1.362 Weergaven

@Fred64 

This starts the Power Recover program, but can not create a Bootstick with PowerRecover on it.  At least not on my PCs. (Win 7, Win 8.1 Win 10)

Fred64
Trainee
Bericht 12 van 14
1.358 Weergaven
Bericht 12 van 14
1.358 Weergaven

@daddle wrote:

@Fred64 

This starts the Power Recover program, but can not create a Bootstick with PowerRecover on it.  At least not on my PCs. (Win 7, Win 8.1 Win 10)

Cannot create or no option?  I reinstalled PowerRecover program from my E: drive to check.  It is version 5.7.0.5610.  Running it, the first screen shows 3 options: Create Driver and Tool Rescue media; Refresh your PC without affecting files; Restore.  After choosing the first option, it asks to what media type: DVD-R or USB stick/HD; then source folders for Tools and Drivers (on my E: drive); then destination drive (USB stick).  It then proceeds to create a USB named BOOTABLE.

daddle
Superuser
Bericht 13 van 14
1.355 Weergaven
Bericht 13 van 14
1.355 Weergaven

@Fred64 

Thanks a lot for your help. I do appreciate it very much.

@Fred64  schrieb:

(...)

I reinstalled PowerRecover program from my E: drive

I have no program on E:\ to install Power Recover. 

If I start the PC with PowerRecover, the  program boots and there are no options  except --> Restore to factory image

a.: with keeping data from Documents and Settings/User Name, stored in D:/ Users    or

b.: Don't keep any data

There are no options as you describe.

And I cannot extract the program from the OEM Partition.

So wherefrom did you get the Install files for Power Recover? You got them from Medion stored on E:\Drive?

This information would be nice to get.

daddle

Fred64
Trainee
Bericht 14 van 14
1.311 Weergaven
Bericht 14 van 14
1.311 Weergaven

@daddle wrote:

So wherefrom did you get the Install files for Power Recover? You got them from Medion stored on E:\Drive?

Yes - it was one of apps in the 'Tools' directory (includes stuff like McAfee) that Recover re-installs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-aMQRoa2j52uLZRAcGjXjbzNcnHSZZd/view?usp=sharing

13 ANTWOORDEN 13