cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion PC MT 14 MED MT 622 MD8338 E4360D RAM upgrade.

9 REPLIES 9
Nailyk
Trainee
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Medion PC MT 14 MED MT 622 MD8338 E4360D RAM upgrade.

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with upgradeing my PC RAM. I bought this RAM (Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz), but when I install this RAM in the above mentioned PC it wont start up. I also tried using the new RAM togetter with the factory instaled 2x2GB RAM modules even then the pc wont start up, unless i turn of ''Memmory Remaping'' in the bios, then the PC starts but when I open the taskmanager it says that it has 12GB of RAM installed but has 8GB of RAM reserved, so it still only uses 4GB of RAM.

Does anyone prehaps know what I'm doing wrong here?

Nailyk

9 REPLIES 9
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

@Nailyk 

This PC was sold in 2010 with Windows 7 in 32 bit and additional with a WIn 7 64-bit Software Installation DVD. So if you are still on Windows 7 in the 32-bit version, ( or Win 8 or 10?) your OS can only recognize and work with 4 GB RAM.

The orig ram differs a little, it only has DDR 1066 MHz.

--> 2x 2048 MB DDR3-1066 RAM (PC3-8500)

Yours may be a bit fast, but I think it should  work. You left the 2x2 ram modules in the original place?

Your PC has 4 Slots, together with the original 2x2 GB  Ram modules you could uitilize in total 12 GB Ram, if you switch over to a 64-bit version operating system.

Cheers, daddle

Nailyk
Trainee
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi Daddle,

I got the PC from my grandfather and he took out the harddrive so I had to install a completly new version of windows. I've done this with my laptop and the windows media creation tool. If I remember correctly I have created a windows 10 64 bit OS for the pc.

I also left the 2x2 GB Modules in the original slots yes.

So if I understand correctly you say that if I use a 64 bit OS it should work?

Greetings, Nailyk 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Nailyk 

I did assume your OS is a 32-bit Windows Version only.

But  it could also be a problem with the new  memory moduls, who might not be compatible.

The Windows  version and information about  32- or 64 bit  you  find in Settings ->  System --> System Info  --> Systemtype

This you should check first.

daddle

Nailyk
Trainee
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

SYS infor.PNG 

Hi Daddle,

I have chaked and as you can see it is a 64 bit system.

Is it prehaps possible that I need to update/upgade my bios or somthing?

Greetings Nailyk.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@Nailyk 

Other Users ´can not see your picture, before it is authorisizedby a moderator.

So what is the picture from? From msinfo32 or from Settings --> Systeminfo?

If it is a truly 64 bit Windows version , then something doesn't work with the new RAM.

Or it iorederof s not compatible, or it is too fast, or the order of mounting is wrong.

What happens if you place the 4 GB modules in place of the 2x2 GB moduls, or just in the free two banks, and the old moduls are out? And memory remapping is on again. 

I would try all possibble comboínations in the Bios settings plus the order in which you insert the RAM modules, plus the amount of modules you insert. E.g. just  one new one on itself, testing in all slots,

But memorize  the original position for the 2x2 GB memory

Maybe the memory banks are defective themselves?

It has nothing got to do with the Bios. The four slots can cover 16 GB in total.

daddle

Nailyk
Trainee
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi @daddle,

The picture is a screenshot of the windows-->settings-->system-->about. It states ''System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor''.

I have already tried every combination with the RAM modules and BIOS. I tried it with only one of the new 4 GB modules, with both, with one new and one old, and all of that with all the possible slot combinations. I have already concluded that all the slots on the motherboard work correctly. So I have tried (as far as I know) everything.

Greetings Nailyk

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Then why do you ask? It seems that the 4 GB Modules ar not compatible.

Maybe they have, being newer, a more highly integrated chip design. And they are faster in frequency then the original ones. Those are the orig. specs:

2x 2048 MB DDR3-1066 RAM (PC3-8500)
Dual Channel Memory (2/4 Slots covered; 16 GB max.)  

So check the second hand market for suitable ram.

Cheers daddle

Nailyk
Trainee
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi @daddle,

I understand what you are saying but why is it that the user manual of the motherboard say's it can handle 1333 MHz RAM?

And how can it be that the new modules are not compatible acording to you when the pc does recognize tham, because if i install both new and old modules and turn of memmory remapping the task manager does see the total of 12 GB of RAM but holds 8 GB reserved?

Greetings Nailyk

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Nailyk 

I do not know why. I am not sitting in front of your PC and can not do different tests. And I do not have all the technical  data of the different old and new modules. As I said, it could be a problem of the chip organization (bigger chip size), also  the higher MHz rate; but that is a just a small possibility.

I would set the Bios to Defaults (Restore to defaults), and  leave it there.

daddle

9 REPLIES 9