13 RÉPONSES 13
Fred64
Trainee
Message 1 sur 14
5 329 Visites
Message 1 sur 14
5 329 Visites

Win10 update fails on P5130 D (MD 8879)

Since purchasing this PC several years ago, automatic incremental Win10 updates have all installed without problem. I was on the latest Win10 release when I performed a PC Reset.  This reset Windows to the version that came with the PC (160).  I now find I can't update to the latest Win10.  Automatic update correctly installs small updates but major ones such as 1803 and 21H2 fail.  I tried MediaCreationTool 21H2.exe (Update this PC) but this too ultimately reports 'Installation failed'.  Has anyone else has this problem?  The PC uses a 240GB SSD and 2TB HD.

13 RÉPONSES 13
daddle
Superuser
Message 11 sur 14
1 532 Visites
Message 11 sur 14
1 532 Visites

@Fred64 

This starts the Power Recover program, but can not create a Bootstick with PowerRecover on it.  At least not on my PCs. (Win 7, Win 8.1 Win 10)

Fred64
Trainee
Message 12 sur 14
1 528 Visites
Message 12 sur 14
1 528 Visites

@daddle wrote:

@Fred64 

This starts the Power Recover program, but can not create a Bootstick with PowerRecover on it.  At least not on my PCs. (Win 7, Win 8.1 Win 10)

Cannot create or no option?  I reinstalled PowerRecover program from my E: drive to check.  It is version 5.7.0.5610.  Running it, the first screen shows 3 options: Create Driver and Tool Rescue media; Refresh your PC without affecting files; Restore.  After choosing the first option, it asks to what media type: DVD-R or USB stick/HD; then source folders for Tools and Drivers (on my E: drive); then destination drive (USB stick).  It then proceeds to create a USB named BOOTABLE.

daddle
Superuser
Message 13 sur 14
1 525 Visites
Message 13 sur 14
1 525 Visites

@Fred64 

Thanks a lot for your help. I do appreciate it very much.

@Fred64  schrieb:

(...)

I reinstalled PowerRecover program from my E: drive

I have no program on E:\ to install Power Recover. 

If I start the PC with PowerRecover, the  program boots and there are no options  except --> Restore to factory image

a.: with keeping data from Documents and Settings/User Name, stored in D:/ Users    or

b.: Don't keep any data

There are no options as you describe.

And I cannot extract the program from the OEM Partition.

So wherefrom did you get the Install files for Power Recover? You got them from Medion stored on E:\Drive?

This information would be nice to get.

daddle

Fred64
Trainee
Message 14 sur 14
1 481 Visites
Message 14 sur 14
1 481 Visites

@daddle wrote:

So wherefrom did you get the Install files for Power Recover? You got them from Medion stored on E:\Drive?

Yes - it was one of apps in the 'Tools' directory (includes stuff like McAfee) that Recover re-installs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-aMQRoa2j52uLZRAcGjXjbzNcnHSZZd/view?usp=sharing

13 RÉPONSES 13