Did you mean: 

SSD for Akoya e7330 d

10 REPLIES 10
alberta
New Voice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

SSD for Akoya e7330 d

Hi I'm Albert, nice to be here had my Pc Akoya 7330d for about twelve years, pretty full now and thinking of a SSD. Crucial recommended their MX500. Bit short of computer skills and need to make sure that this is a good idea and it will work. Advice very welcome.

10 REPLIES 10
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi @alberta ,

I´m not really sure about the machine you own, but when we´re talking about the MEDION AKOYA E7330D MD 8335, then I doubt that you can speed it up obviously. There´s a MSI MS 7366 motherboard built inside with MCP73D chipset (launched in ´07).

Your PC is already equipped with the max RAM and because there no frther option to connect a High Speed SSD, you IMHO could share thoughts about investing in some new stuff?

Just come back, if you need additiional help

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
alberta
New Voice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Major. That is my PC. I did use Crucial.com  for a scan which it said it could supply nothing for the memory but recommended a Crucial MX500 SSD. I mainly use a laptop and  the PC occasionally which is very slow at times. Should I consider a smaller size SSD mainly for the operating system?

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@alberta 

Your PC will definitely gets a boost in speed, even as the Chipset only supports SATAII (3 Gb/s) . You have 4 (orange) SATA-Ports on board, and surely there should be another free power connector too. Or you take a splitter, or an adapter Molex to Serial ATA.

If you take a 2.5" Notebook model up to 11 or 12 mm, you can just mount it with a doublesided adhesive tape. Bur there will also be a second place to mount the SSD properly, but then you need an adapter 2.5" --> 3.5" Desktop model.for the bay.

The size of your SSD should be in minimum as big as the C-Partition on your HDD, or bigger. They are quite cheap these days.

--> https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/ProductCategory/14613F994148-2411936-2411940.html

So you could clone your Windows partition to the new SSD, and deactivate or delete the old C-Partition .

This way you get more space for  DATA on the old HDD

Having done this, you will notice an enormous increase in booting time, and also in starting programs. I k now because I upgraded an old Vista PC of mine with a SSD with overwhelming success

If you buy a Samsung, there is a cloning software included. And it's very easy to handle.

Did you already upgraded to Win 7 (advisable) Win 7 is already faster and more smooth than old Vista.

Cheers, daddle

alberta
New Voice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Thank you Daddie for your advice my Akoya E 7330 d has gone from Vista to 7 to 10 version 1803. An SSD seems to be an option I think I would need 1tb. I would say again though I mainly use a laptop most of the time.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@alberta 

off course this is up to you. But getting a 500 GB SSD plus the then available complete 640 GB from the HDD isn't enough?  Or ist it for your private video collection?

What so ever, success by adding the SSD and cloning the Windows Partition.

Cheers. daddle

alberta
New Voice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Thanks Hopefully I'll get round to it soon and will let you know how it goes with a Crucial MX500 1tb

alberta
New Voice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Finally got round to installing a Samsung SSD 860 QVO into my Akoya E 7330 everything went fine with the Samsung Migration, cloned the drive. Here is my problem can see the drive in BIOS but cannot see the keyboard instructions how to move it up the boot order to number one.

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@alberta 

It's mostly standing underneath on the boot page. Or it is F5/F6, or the plus and minus key, even on the separate 

number block.

With some Bios you can highlight the entry -> Enter, and in a litte subwindow you can mark or highlight one of  the listed available boot devices.

But you should not have the old Windows installation parallel to the one onthe clone.

You must delete the Windows Installation on the source drive.

Cheers, daddle

alberta
New Voice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Finally got sorted and SSD is my first drive, my HDD drive is pretty full with nearly 270 gb taking up nearly half the drive with music and photographs plus the OS. I see that i can delete photos easy enough not sure about Itunes my SSD is one TB and has cloned the HDD drive. Thanks for the advice.

10 REPLIES 10