Radeon RX 550 no signal

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
tl1000edu
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Radeon RX 550 no signal

Hi, I´ve already installed a brand new Power Color Radeon rx 550 4gbD5 in my PC and It doesn´t work. I´ve a "no signal" message on my display and I guess my OS (W10 64bit) cannot boot, because if I press the power button it turns off inmediately. Obviusly, I´m not able to see what´s happening, I don´t know if the bios works and w10 is unable to start or whatever...While the graphic card is is attached to the mother board the integrated hdmi doesn´t work too. If I remove the new graphyc card from the mother board it works normally.

My pc model is

Modell: PC MT 14

Typ: MED MT742G

Art.-NR.:  10015594  (probably this is the MSN)

MED S/N: 17987010020142

Mother Board: MS-7728 VER: 2.0 Bios version: 2.02.1205

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tl1000edu
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi, thanks for your help but I´ve managed to solve this problem by myself. As you said, my pc is an old one and it runs a legacy bios. However, the solution was not easy and a little bit risky. I made a backup of my bios using "Intel ME System Tools v8 r3". Once I had my backup I proceeded to made the bios configuration proccessing the backup with "AMIBCP v4.53". Then I changed the PCI access configuration and that is the secret. Finally, I flash the modified bios and the mother board was able to recognize the new graphic card and It runs perfect! I want to share this here in order to help other people.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @tl1000edu and welcome to the forum!

Your PC originally has an onboard graphic card.

For using it together with an external graphic card there are a few things you must do first.

Please try the steps mentioned here

Regards,

Gehringer

tl1000edu
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for your quick reply! I´ve already read the thread you show me but that it isn´t my problem. I only need to use one monitor but I decided to upgrade my graphics installing the RX 550 card and it doesn´t work. I have a "no signal" message on the screen.  What can I do? 

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@tl1000edu

I do assume your PC is a bit older, delivered with Win 7 installed you still will have a legacy Bios instead of the newer UEFI Bios?

But check in your Bios if there is a VGA Graphic possibility to swap from Integrated Graphic (IGD) to an external (dedicated) graphic card.

The Radeon RX 550 has an UEFI Rom with GOP, and can not be recognized by a classical legacy Bios. You must find a acrd with an old legacy bios compatible Rom.

daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@tl1000edu 

Here is the link for the MSI 7728 V2.0 PCB.

daddle

tl1000edu
New Voice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi, thanks for your help but I´ve managed to solve this problem by myself. As you said, my pc is an old one and it runs a legacy bios. However, the solution was not easy and a little bit risky. I made a backup of my bios using "Intel ME System Tools v8 r3". Once I had my backup I proceeded to made the bios configuration proccessing the backup with "AMIBCP v4.53". Then I changed the PCI access configuration and that is the secret. Finally, I flash the modified bios and the mother board was able to recognize the new graphic card and It runs perfect! I want to share this here in order to help other people.

Thanks for your help!

Nahemoth
Newcomer
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem, and I'm very interested in your solution. Could you please provide more details, and where can I get AMIBCP utility?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6