P4010

SOLVED
9 REPLIES 9
criggins
Trainee
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

P4010

I'd like to replace the seagate HDD in my MD8850 (P4010) i have found 'how to'  using a 1Tb Samsung ssd drive in the forum, thank you.

To upgrade to WIN10, will I be able to access the new SSD to do so?

I would love a few steps outlined or links helping me achieve my goal.

My PC has 'restore files' on drive 😧 as supplied new, will I require these.

Thank you.

☆Life is Just an Illusion☆
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@criggins 

Hi!

Did you take the source disk out of the PC before booting the Clone? Win 10 makes a lot of trouble if there are two bootloaders in a system. And the clone contains "vectors" pointing to the source disk, which could cause trouble.

So at least you have to deactivate and hide the source partition, as well if there is the 100 MB Win7 boothelper partition too.

Has your Win 7 been completely uptodate before cloning? And there were no problems working with Win 10 before cloning? Has there been enough space on the origin disk?

First: Remove the source disk. Try to boot

Second: Reset your Bios to defaults (copy special settings for later). Try to boot

Third: start your PC with the MediaCreationTool-USB-Stick for Win 10 32bit, and go into repair options (German adress ---> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 ) Try to repair the boot part. Try to boot

Fourth: Try another clone-program e.g. Mini Tool Partition Wizard. Try to boot from the clone with the source disk removed.

bye, daddle

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Burki48
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hello @criggins,

if the new SSD is detected in the BIOS, you can also use it to install Windows 10. During the setup wizard of Windows 10 you can select the new SSD for the installation.

You don't need the files from drive D:. However, you need a license for a Windows 10 version. Since we have not tested this PC with Windows 10, we cannot guarantee its functionality.

Regards
burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

criggins
Trainee
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi Burki, thank you for your advice.  Although this PC is 10 yrs old I managed to download win 10 and the package installed itself, with no fuss, and the PC functions faster and better than ever. All the programs, files etc all work and nothing was lost. There was no request for licences or win 7 serial numbers so I reckon the installer must have accessed the OEM software licence. The above was carried out on the original hard drive. So now I hope to get an ssd and clone the HDD with an external cable and then swap the ssd into the all in one pc. Lots of good tips on your Medion web pages. Thanks again

Burki48
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @criggins,

thank you for your Feedback.

We are happy that your PC works so far perfectly. To clone the hard disk, use a special program. Then it is also possible to transfer the cloned IMAGE to a new SSD. You can then insert the built-in hard disk into an external hard disk case and use it as external memory.

Greeting

Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

criggins
Trainee
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Apologies for big delay in a response Burki. With all this home time due to social distancing at present,  I think I will get a Sata SSD and clone it as you mentioned, install it. Grab an Hdd external case and use the old drive for backups.

Kind regards for your support

Criggins

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@criggins 

Nice to hear your AIO functions well and fast with Win 10. 

My question is your  PC originally was equipped wit Win 7 32-bit.

Is Windows 10 as a 32- bit version installed as well? 

Did you make use of the Upgrade-App, or did you install new from scratch on.

regards, daddle

criggins
Trainee
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi Daddle, 

The version of win 10 I'm running is 32 bit.

I simply let the windows update installer do everything. I'm not certain but presume the win7 version installed was 32bit.

It all went ahead and no probs. I cloned the hard drive yesterday to a seagate 2tb SSD with aAomei clone software but it wont' boot and gives an error 0xc000000f

I read up onine but cant overcome it. So recloned it with seagate clone software. Same thing. Won't boot. Aoemi address the prob and say use our partition tool to fix the mbr. I ran that but no luck as yet still same win error message. If you come across any solutions I'd love to hear.

Stay safe, Kind regards Criggins

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@criggins 

Hi!

Did you take the source disk out of the PC before booting the Clone? Win 10 makes a lot of trouble if there are two bootloaders in a system. And the clone contains "vectors" pointing to the source disk, which could cause trouble.

So at least you have to deactivate and hide the source partition, as well if there is the 100 MB Win7 boothelper partition too.

Has your Win 7 been completely uptodate before cloning? And there were no problems working with Win 10 before cloning? Has there been enough space on the origin disk?

First: Remove the source disk. Try to boot

Second: Reset your Bios to defaults (copy special settings for later). Try to boot

Third: start your PC with the MediaCreationTool-USB-Stick for Win 10 32bit, and go into repair options (German adress ---> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 ) Try to repair the boot part. Try to boot

Fourth: Try another clone-program e.g. Mini Tool Partition Wizard. Try to boot from the clone with the source disk removed.

bye, daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@criggins 

It would be just polite to me and helpful to the forum, if you could give some feedback, if the given tips helped to overcome the problem.

daddleee

criggins
Trainee
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Greetings Daddle, thank you for the list of suggestions. I have had a few distractions elsewhere lately and not followed through at the moment. As soon as the dust settles I shall work through the notes and respond to your message.

Kind regards 

Criggins

9 REPLIES 9