Monitor

SOLVED
13 REPLIES 13
shedload
Trainee
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Monitor

I recently bought a Medion Akoya E42019 to replace a very old Medion Pc, unfortunately it does not appear to be compatible with our Medion SXGA Monitor.

The new Pc only has HDMI or Display Port connections where as my Monitor has VGA and DVI-D inputs. I have bought adapters and now straight through converters but the Monitor shows 'No Signal'.

I have tried the Pc on the Tv and it works and the monitor on other devices, all fine.

I have tried holding down on button as recommended by Medion, connecting cables whilst Pc is on, and while off and a many variations on that theme, but still it shows No signal.

Is there anything else I can do or is it a case of returning and buying another make. I have tried it on a HP and it works.

Really do not want to have to buy another Monitor.

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Hi @shedload 

that will not work with a driver.

If the PC hdmi connection can be switched from digital to analog then you can use an adapter. if that doesn't work, you need a converter that converts the digital signal into an analog one.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

jackwsm
Apprentice
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I searched Amazon for VGA to HDMI adaptor, many available, I bought for less than £10.00, plugged it in, it worked straight away.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

hi @shedload and welcome

there is a difference, an adapter does not work. it has to be a converter to convert the signal. do you have one?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
shedload
Trainee
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Hi

No I did not realise a converter was required. Medion support did not mention one when I contacted them.

If I used a USB port would one still be required ?

Meanwhile I will search for adapter.

Cheers

shedload
Trainee
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I have found a converter for £15 but had a thought. Could I download a driver for monitor that would allow it to be used with PC ?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Hi @shedload 

that will not work with a driver.

If the PC hdmi connection can be switched from digital to analog then you can use an adapter. if that doesn't work, you need a converter that converts the digital signal into an analog one.

bye Fishtown

shedload
Trainee
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Ahh. Thanks, that makes sense.

😊

jackwsm
Apprentice
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

I searched Amazon for VGA to HDMI adaptor, many available, I bought for less than £10.00, plugged it in, it worked straight away.

shedload
Trainee
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Thanks

I have placed an order based on reviews.

The first seller I asked did not know what I was talking about although they sold very similar items ?

jackwsm
Apprentice
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Hi, This is what I ordered direct from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Female-Adapter-3-5mm-Audio/dp/B07KRBPPPH/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1IJUG...

they also do adaptors VGA to Display Port but as I'm not likely to use the HDMI port for anything else I went for the HDMI adaptor.

My Monitor is an elderly Dell which my neighbour gave to me.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Hi @jackwsm 

Thanks for the help but the connections are exactly the wrong way round.

bye Fishtown

13 REPLIES 13