cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion Engineer X32 - DDR5 4800MHz RAM running at 4400Mhz + how to update BIOS + RGB Control

SOLVED
11 REPLIES 11
PeterB79
Trainee
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Medion Engineer X32 - DDR5 4800MHz RAM running at 4400Mhz + how to update BIOS + RGB Control

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Medion Engineer X32 and I have a few questions, I'm hoping you can help.

Firstly, the Samsung 16GB DDR5 4800MHz  is only running at 4400Mhz. 

I've looked in the BIOS (which seems very out dated) and can find nowhere to adjust the multipliers or enable XMP.

That brings me to the BIOS version, it's very old (760H7EMW0X.102, from 27/12/2022), where can I find an update, should one exist?

The board seems to be an ECS B760H7-EM V1.0. I've checked the ECS site and it doesn't exist. Does anyone have a link to this board? Even Google isn't too helpful here, is it a custom board for Medion?

I've checked the Medion site and there's no downloads for this machine on the support page.

And finally the RGB, how do I turn it of, or at least fix the colour? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hello and welcome
Please state your MSN number from the computer.
try this software to change the colors:

https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/MEDION_RGB_Light_Center.zip

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@PeterB79 

Welcome here. 

@PeterB79  schrieb:

Firstly, the Samsung 16GB DDR5 4800MHz  is only running at 4400Mhz. 

... can find nowhere to adjust the multipliers or enable XMP.

Das ist normal with Medion PC. XMP profiles are blocked. The RAM usually runs for safety reasons about  10 % less the specs. The Board usually is a MedionOEM  Board

About a new Bios you should ask a moderator, e.g. @Major_ToM , which will be informed by now.

Cheers,  daddle

PeterB79
Trainee
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for the reply, I'll wait to see if a moderator replies in the next couple of days, if not I'll contact one of them.

I just spotted that I posted this in the wrong forum...whoops!

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hello and welcome
Please state your MSN number from the computer.
try this software to change the colors:

https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/MEDION_RGB_Light_Center.zip

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
PeterB79
Trainee
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi Fishtown,

The MPN is: 10025109.

Thank you for the suggestion and link, I'll try that later today.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi @PeterB79 ,

I´ll check for the information and a current BIOS version and come back ASAP

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
PeterB79
Trainee
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Brilliant, thank you @Major_ToM 

PeterB79
Trainee
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@Fishtown 

The light centre works, thank you for that. 🙂

Now I just need to figure out how to get the RAM running at full speed.

I've upgraded to 32GB 6400MHz RAM, but still it's only running at 4400MHz.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hi @PeterB79 , @Fishtown , @daddle ,

just received a feedback from tech dept.,which sounds as: "Our ECS mainboards are (regardless of the XMP settings) permanently set to 4400Mhz."

I take this as a fact and decide not to comment on it, not being aware of the complete technical background.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
PeterB79
Trainee
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Major_ToM 

Thank you for finding out and getting back to me. It's not the answer I was hoping for, but your help is appreciated. I'll probably swap out the main board later down the line, for now the performance is fine.

Did they say whether there was an update to the old BIOS version? 

11 REPLIES 11