Medion Engineer Erazer p10 RGB Slot

7 REPLIES 7
Chrisw0114
Beginner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Medion Engineer Erazer p10 RGB Slot

Hey everyone,

Long story short I'm trying to replace the fans with new coolmaster p120s RGB. Can someone confirm if the motherboard has an RGB head? I can see a mark thT says RBG but no pins, is this correct? If no RBG head is there anyway around this?

Thanks 

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hello @Chrisw0114 and welcome

please name your msn number, then we can say more about it

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Chrisw0114
Beginner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hey @Fishtown , thanks for the response

Ok so the product number is MD35079 and the motherboard is the B560H6-EM.

Thanks for the support 🙂

Cheers,

Chris

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Chrisw0114 

Internal Connectors from B560H6-EM

3x SATA 3 ports

2x M.2 (size 2242 and 2280 key M) support PCIe 4 lanes
slot 1 support gen 4, slot 2 support gen 3

1x M.2 (E-Key 2230 for Wifi only)

1x SYS_FAN 4PIN support smart fan

2x CPU_FAN 4PIN

1x CPU_PUMP 4PIN

1x AUX2_FAN 4PIN

2x Top_FAN 4PIN

2x Front_FAN 4PIN

1x F_USB (USB3.2 Gen1)

Sorry no RGB LED connectors or RAINBOW LED connectors

But there are also other systems that can be controlled in other ways, for example this one, it can do both

bye Fishtown

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/3x-120mm-Inter-Tech-Fan-Set-Argus-RS-08-LED-RGB-RF_13890...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Chrisw0114
Beginner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Fishtown 

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Disappointing to learn but not the end of the world, i was planning on ripping out the PSU (was only fitted with a 550) and the motherboard anyway, so it will just speed up the process 🙂

Thanks for the information!

Cheers,

Chris

Chrisw0114
Beginner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hey @Fishtown hope you're well.

So since my last message I have replaced all the fans with arctic cooling fans, removed the gpu support bracket so that I could fit 2 further fans in the bottom of the case and put in a Seasonic 850w psu, however for my next set of upgrades I have a few more questions if thats ok.

What's the max ram/speed the motherboard can handle? I'm going to assume 32gb but thought it might be worth asking. And in regard to the case, is there anyway of getting the front panel off without physically sawing it off? As would be good to get some extra air flow in there, if not i'll just probably end up replacing the case aswell.

Aldo double checked the chipset and it appears to be an 11th gen 11700f which is nice as was only spec'd as coming with 10th gen, however this will obviously increase the heat it produces so I was wondering what kind/size of CPU cooler would fit with the board/case? As I say not the end of the world if it doesn't fit the case as I reckon i'll probably end up rehousing it soon.

Oh yeh and finally, I was encountering an issue where the system would regularly freeze, however fixed this by downloading a BIOS update just incase you get any questions about. All in all happy with the machine now as it is running much better with the upgrades I've put in alone already.

Thanks for your time and support as always 🙂

Cheers,

Chris

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Chrisw0114 

look here for RAM:

https://community.medion.com/t5/kb/en/ta-p/121960

your CPU Intel Core i7-11700F 2,5GHz 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212280/intel-core-i7-11700f-processor-16m-cache...

Unfortunately, I don't know how the front panel comes off, but it certainly works, mostly there are plastic noses that you have to release.

bye Fishtown

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Chrisw0114 

I have to correct myself, apparently you can't dismantle the front.

But he gets air through the honeycomb structure on the side, see the video linked here in this article:

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/HDD-Medion-eraser-MSN-10024213/m-p/132309#M11273

bye Fishtown

7 REPLIES 7