Juze-81
Trainee
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

MEDION ERAZER RECON P20 new RAM

CPU Int I5-12400F

RTX 3060 12GB

Bios B660H7WOX.107

Originally, the computer had 1x8G 2400Mhz cl22 RAM memory. I bought new RAM memory cards 2x8G 3200Mhz, cl16 dual rank. The computer shows 16g RAM memory, but only 2133mhz. I can't find in the bios where I can adjust the RAM memory in any way. Are these the wrong RAM memory cards or am I doing something wrong?

I bought these

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/184/1536110676/F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

26 REPLIES 26
plutissimo
Apprentice
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

@Juze-81

Did you try out updating the Bios with the one linked by @Major_ToM ?  Did it include any improvements or new capabilities vs the stock bios B660H7W0X.107?

/plutissimo

Juze-81
Trainee
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

No, because he never told what this bios update contains. Also the given link doesn't make it clear what the update contains either. It doesn't even read what the bios update contains on the manufacturer's website, so I won't take the risk. Update might brick the whole mobo or i just gain some stupid things what no1 needs. I really hope they improve their information regarding updates. unbelievable.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

hi @Juze-81 and thank you @plutissimo and @Fishtown for your helping comments.

The download file of the recent version of the Bios contains a file named ReleaseNote.txt . Did you take noithice of it?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
plutissimo
Apprentice
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Thanks @Major_ToM .

I'll try the bios update that you just posted and see what improvements there are.

However, the "readme" file did not contain any instructions for the bios update. And there are several program files in the zip-folder. 

Which one should I run? Are there any instructions somewhere else?

/plutissimo

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Hi @plutissimo ,

that´s why I mentioned to throw an eye on the file ReleaseNote.txt.
There are several options to run the update and one is to start the WFH.bat via right click and chosing "Run as administrator" from the context menue,after having unzipped the downloaded file.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
plutissimo
Apprentice
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

@Major_ToM 

Tried running the WHF.bat file (as adiminstrator as instructed) but nothing happens. After approving that windos run waht it deems as un unsafe software, then... nothing. I tried multiple times.

Any other way to start this FW update?

/plutissimo

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Hi @plutissimo ,

we´ll contact the manufaturer trying to arrange a more "cx friendly" Bios version, which can be run as "Winflash", so please show a little patience.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

plutissimo
Apprentice
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Hi @Major_ToM ,

OK. Then I will wait for you to post an update when its available.

Thanks,

plutissimo

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

Hi @plutissimo & @Juze-81 ,

I now can provide the Bios version 1.12, which can be updated via the device manager after unzipping, which should look similar to this scenario shot from the B550A4 mainboard.

FWup_via_GM_01.jpg

Cheers,

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

plutissimo
Apprentice
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Hi @Major_ToM ,

Thanks for the file and the instruction. However, it doesn't seem to be working on my B660. It gets stuck in the updating firmware process and never gets past that point (see screenshot below). I let it run for over 1 hour, before trying to cancel. But now it doesn't let me do that either. Great...:-(

Any other instructions? At some point I have to shut down the computer and then we'll see what happens... If it boots up again after all...

plutissimo_0-1716317804134.png

26 REPLIES 26