Desktop MEDION PC motherboard M7848 not detecting graphics cards

2 REPLIES 2
Kworth
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Desktop MEDION PC motherboard M7848 not detecting graphics cards

Hi

My PC MSN 10018709, with an integrated Intel Graphics HD 4600 and PCIExpress x16 1.0 does not detect neither PCIe x16 2.0 card (GTX560) nor 3.0 card (RX580).

I have disabled the integrated card in device manager and changed the bios to set primary card the one in the PCIe, but still not detected.

I fear to keep trying with other cards alleguedly "compatible" (UserBenchmark) with the annoying process of buy, install, test, uninstall and return to manufacturer.

Bios is rather old (AMI vers. 2.16.1240, 2013) but as someone suggested in another thread the issue should not be related with the BIOS but with the OS. 

Thanks in advance for your support.

Kworth

Not detected neither in Win8.1-64 bit nor Win10-64 bit.

Anyone has tested and successfully integrated a new generation graphics cards in this mobo or the only option is to replace the complete PC?.

Best regards

Kworth

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Kworth and welcome to the Forum!

I don't think you will find BIOS update available at Medion website.

If you have Win10 you can update your BIOS/Firmware via Device Manager.

Check at card manufacturer's website if your models are compatible with MB MS7848G H87-C1 S1150 HDMI W8§.

I would assume they are not.

Regards,

Gehringer

Kworth
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @Gehringer and thanks for your reply.

I am almost convinced that the best (and most costly) solution is to buy a new PC. Six years of operation with the current PC is more than normal , and the system cannot tolerate the brand new technologies.

It´s time for a renewal.

However, I will keep the current system as slave to the new one, so I hope I will come back to the community forum from time to time.

Best regards

Kworth

2 REPLIES 2