Brand new X40 - very tinny sound

17 REPLIES 17
pdstanbridge
Apprentice
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

Brand new X40 - very tinny sound

Hi guys, first post.

Proud owner of the X40. The one with the Nvidia 4800. Upon first inspection it is generally very nice. Solid, well built with a decent screen. I've upgraded from a MSI Raider, and there are subtle differences. The one thing I am struggling with is the sound. I am using the Nahimic companion, and everything appears to be working. The sounds is very clear, but to me there is no bass. It's exceptionally tinny. I've had a look at various settings, inc adjusting the Nahimic bass settings to no avail. Compared to the sound on the MSI, it is pretty awful, which surprised me. 

I'd like to hear from others who have the same laptop - is this as good as it gets?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
pdstanbridge
Apprentice
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

It was working intermittently, now it is not. I tried reinstalling the software/nahimic. It's as if a wire has come loose.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Hi @pdstanbridge ,

if you are coppmpletely sure that we´re talking about a hardware issue and the issues still happen with the machine set back to factory settings, then you should open up a service case via the MEDION service homepage, shouldn´t you?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Tijgert
Contributor
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

I suggested to you to try it with a fresh install of Windows, did you do that or did you just use the current Windows install and merely uninstall and reinstall the software?

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Hi@pdstanbridge ,

do you have an update on your case for us?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
pdstanbridge
Apprentice
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

Hello Major Tom. I bought some Pebble Pro speakers which are obviously vastly superior. But I would like to open the case up and have a look. I bought myself a tool to help me do that so I’m just waiting on that to arrive 

Tijgert
Contributor
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

I’m sure the first question they will ask you is if you tried a fresh windows install, to exclude any software conflicts. Did you do that or not?

pdstanbridge
Apprentice
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

I haven't yet - and I am not ruling that out. It's such a weird issue though. I was just running some BF5 and the left side just completely gave up in game. Only the right side was outputting any sound at the time. Quit out of BF5, still no sound from the left side. Then went into the speakers settings and clicked test - both channels played sound - but the left channel crackles somewhat (like a click at the start). I'm convinced its a dodgy connection or a damaged speaker. I will be opening up asap.

Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

very easy to take these laptops apart. the speakers sit insome moulded slots in the casing. Make sure they're sitting in their correctly. i dont have any photos but its very simple to see if they are installed correctly. When closing the laptop back up, make sure they are sitting in their positions as they aren't fastened down.

The speakers, like most laptop speakers are poor quality. use headphones or external speakers if you want good quality audio. even airpods will sound much better

17 REPLIES 17