Erazer P10 Deputy - Not compatible with new NVIDiA drivers

9 REPLIES 9
Psaldorn
New Voice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Erazer P10 Deputy - Not compatible with new NVIDiA drivers

Hi,

It looks like any recent drivers cause my P10's screen backlight to turn off, but I can see the LCD is still showing the screen, whenever I update to any of the most recent game ready drivers. If I roll back to the older ones on the P10s download page it works. Are there any plans to update the drivers or firmware so more recent games can be played smoothly?

Seems a bit silly to lock a machine to 2 year old drivers when the issue is just the backlight. External monitor works but invalidates the fact I bought a portable machine.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Psaldorn ,

sorrey for the late reply, but did you ever try to install then Nvidia GeForce Experience SW on your laptop?

It generally checks vor updates via hardware/vendor ID and automatically installs new drivers

Feedaback really appreciated

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Psaldorn
New Voice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi Tom,

Yes I've used geforce experience to install latest drivers. After it completes the backlight is non functional. Then I used Nvidia site to install older drivers, I have to go back almost 2 years for the backlight to work again.

I tried all the ones on the current Nvidia drivers history page and some I had on another laptop.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Psaldorn ,

this sounds a bit "special", but I´m on it Could you please check, which Bios version you´re running (shouold be 2.xx something) to ensure, that we´re talking about the newest vesrion.

Cheers

Major ToM

.Another hint: To mention a community user so that they are notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of their name (e.g. @Major_Tom)

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Psaldorn
New Voice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thanks @Major_ToM , special indeed!

Bios version is 2.21.1277

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Psaldorn ,

thanks for your information. Engaged our Tech dept. so we´ve to wait untilI personally haven´t experienced this likethis,yet.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Psaldorn ,

received some feedback from the tech guys, who failed recreating the issue with the original preload(W10) and also after updating on W11.

Some more thoughts:
=> Does the backlight also stays off,when the laptop shows POST screen. Right at this time, the drivers have not been loaded.
=> Did you already try to connect an external display an uninstall the drivers afterwards?

=>Tech team suggest to install the new driver again, set the setup to "Custom" and then check "Reinstall".

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Psaldorn
New Voice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Thanks @Major_ToM 

I actually wiped the whole machine and reinstalled win10 22H2 from a key and tried from the beginning.

GFExp latest drivers - no backlight

All Nvidia history page drivers - no backlight

Very old drivers - works

When booting the backlight works, I see post screen and windows loading spinning circle. As soon as windows (and drivers) loads, the backlight turns off.

Plugging in an external display works fine in all configurations.

Windows recognises I can control backlight but the brightness level has no effect (tried full range 0-100)

I just used GFExp to I stall latest again and tried turning screen off and on via keyboard shortcut, but backlight stays off.

Any way to get screen serial number that might help figure it out?

Thanks

Psaldorn
New Voice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Something I noticed when installing latest drivers, just before the backlight turns off it plays the windows "something disconnected" sound.

I'll see if there's anything in the event log

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Psaldorn and thanks for your quick response,

would be really nice to throw an eye on the logfile.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

9 REPLIES 9