jacklosi
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
7.240 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
7.240 Aufrufe

Wireless Display problem in MD 31034

I have some problems with my MD 31034:

1. It does not launch YouTube, although the other built-in network applications work. Only the start screen is displayed and it is the end, I can only quit.
  2. I have been striving to use wireless display option. I have manuals only in German and French. I don't know German, but in the French version they write, that it is necessary to connect "dongle Wi-Fi". But they don't write where I should connect it to, what kind of dongle I should use. I can suspect, then it's about a dongle connected to HDMI socket, but I'm not sure. And what for is that dongle, when the TV has a built-in wi-fi receiver. After all, they write, that without the dongle the option Wireless Display would not be accesible. In my case it is, the TV waits for external source, but my smartphone doesn't cast anything to the screen, although it sees the TV, probably via router. On the other side I read a tip, they say from Medion, that instead of a wi-fi dongle a repeater in the client mode can be used. I have such one of Medion, so I connected it to the TV ethernet socket. Although I couldn't fit them with WPS, I don't know why, I used a Direct Wi-Fi option and they connected to each other, but only in limited sense. Phone saw the TV, the TV reacted to the connection, because the screen went blank, and even gave some short and quick message, so quick that I couldn't read it, but after a while the phone reported that the TV blocked the connection. What's interesting, all theese connections were made from YouTube and the other application for casting the movies, while none of overall casting applications doesn't see the TV to connect.

Can somebody help me, please?

2 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNGEN

Akzeptierte Lösungen
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 6
7.120 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
7.120 Aufrufe

Hi @jacklosi 

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide me with this additional info.
Since you can see tyhe "wireless display" as a source option, I am going to hazard that the French translation is incorrect, I will need to check with my colleagues in Germany.

A bit of intensive online search shows a smattering of issues with Mirror casting on android 7 but nothing very specific or clear, however one setting needs to be checked. Do you have your router connected to your tv by cable or wirelessly?
If it is with a cable , could you try wirelessly?

Some cross testing:
Do you have another phone/androidversion that you could try on the TV to see it it works?

other things to check that might help
-enable display certification on your phone (you need to enter developer mode) . This video might help
-hard reset of your phone+ update to the latest android version possible.
-are you using the ROM that came with the phone or did you install a third party ROM
-Have you contacted your phone manufacturer for support, they may be aware of an issue/fix

Sorry if this look a bit random, I have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue yet. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

jacklosi
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 6
7.107 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
7.107 Aufrufe

Hi @TPFLegionaire 

The most probably i have found a solution. Today it appeared, that it works without setting the source choice in TV. The android switches it itself.  Probably when you first switch the source of the signal, the phone gives the TV some incomprehensive instruction in this context, and both become stupid.

First I made once more trial, I set the TV IP adress as static instead of dynamic. This gave rather nothing.

I haven't tried run again YouTube from TV, I would be astonished if it works now, but it is not the key problem yet.

But the last problem which I mentioned yet is the loging in to the Medion Community. The procedure is as follows: I get new password form MEDION Customer Service, I log in, it works, then I change this automatic password to mine, the system accepts it, next time I try to login with new password and I've got a message (in polish) meaning approximately: Your entered data are not reliable to login, so I again require new password and so on. Now I haven't changed the automatic password to mine one, will see if next time it'll be valid.

I don't know if you are able to do anything with this, anyway you deserve the Kudo, thanks a lot.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 ANTWORTEN 5
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 6
7.140 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
7.140 Aufrufe

Hi @jacklosi and welcome

The German and French instructions are very different , HI @TPFLegionaire  can you clarify this,      thanks

5.7. "" Wireless DisplayÜber Wireless Display haben Sie die Möglichkeit, Inhalte eines Zuspielgerätes (z. B. Tablet PC, Smartphone, etc) über den Fernseher anzuzeigen. Auf dem Zuspielgerät muss hierfür mindestens Android Version 4.2 installiert sein.Wählen Sie als Quelle WIRELESS DISPLAY. Es erscheint die Anzeige „Ready for Connection“.Am Zuspieler muss nun die Einstellung für die Bildschirmspiegelung aktiviert werden. Der Zuspieler erkennt nun die verfügbaren TV Geräte, mit denen eine Verbindung hergestellt werden kann. Nach Auswahl des Fernsehers wird eine Verbindung aufgebaut. Anzeige „Connecting to Wireless Display“ erscheint. Dann wird die Bildschirmspiegelung des Zuspielgerätes am TV angezeigtHINWEIS!Wireless Display kann nur genutzt werden, wenn das mobile Gerät diese Funktion unterstützt.Die Scan und Verbindungsprozesse unterscheiden sich je nach von Ihnen verwendetem Programmen. Lesen Sie dazu gegebenenfalls die Bedienungsanleitung des Zuspielers.Androidbasierte mobile Geräte sollten die Software-Version V4.2 und höher haben.

translated: german/english

5.7. "" Wireless DisplayAbout Wireless Display, you can display content from a player (such as a tablet PC, smartphone, etc.) via the TV. The player must have at least Android version 4.2 installed. Select WIRELESS DISPLAY as the source. The screen will display "Ready for Connection". The player must now be set to the Screen Mirroring setting. The player now recognizes the available TV sets with which a connection can be made. After selecting the TV, a connection is established. Display "Connecting to Wireless Display" appears. Then the screen reflection of the player is displayed on the TV NOTE! Wireless Display can only be used if the mobile device supports this function. The scan and connection processes will differ depending on the programs you are using. If necessary, read the manual of the player.Android-based mobile devices should have the software version V4.2 and higher.

(No dongle!!!)

Translated: french/english

5.7. Wireless DisplayWireless Display allows you to display the contents of a source device (eg touch pad, smartphone, etc.) on the TV. For this, Android 4.2 or higher must be installed on the source device. Plug the WiFi dongle into the TV and select as source WIRELESS DISPLAY. The message "Ready for Connection" is displayed. The setting for screen mirroring must now be enabled on the source device. The source device then recognizes the available TVs with which a connection can be established. Once the TV is selected, a connection is established. The message "Connecting to Wireless Display" is displayed and the contents of the screen of the source device are duplicated on the TV.NOTE! Wireless Display can only be used if the mobile device supports this function. Depending on the programs you are using, you may also need to scan and log in to the source device's user manual. Android-based mobile devices must have version 4.2 or above. WIRELESS DISPLAY appears in the selection sources once the WiFi dongle has been plugged!

(With dongle!!!)

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 3 von 6
7.129 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
7.129 Aufrufe

Hi @jacklosi 

hello @Fishtown , thank you for your translations, not speaking german , I'll take your word for it and your translation to French is also correct, that I should know since I am French! 😉

@jacklosi Let's validate some assumption and troubleshoot

According to the manual, you need  android 4.2 minimum on your source android for it to work...Do you have that?
Could you ensure you have done any firmware/software updates on the TV as necessary.
And also let me know which phone/tablet and what version of android you are using.

Making sure nothing else is connected to the TV , are you able to select "WIRELESS DISPLAY" as a source?

Iif yes and there is NO dongle then it means the French translation is incorrect and the German one is correct.
If you cannot see "WIRELESS DISPLAY" as a source option then I would assume a dongle of some sort is needed.

Which seems strange to me as there is indeed  wireless capabilities built in but there we are.
I'll wait for your feedback.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

jacklosi
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 6
7.124 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
7.124 Aufrufe

Hi @TPFLegionaire, Hi @Fishtown , thanks for the answers

Here you have answers to @TPFLegionaire,'s questions:

• My android version: 7.0
  • software version of the TV is from 2015, it has not found any updates
  • source phone MaxCom MS457
  • as I know nothing else is connected to the TV, except the router of course
  • I am able to select Wireless Display as a source.

By the way, I suspected that the dongle was not necessery, but since it didn't work I tried various solutions. In any case with or without the dongle the connection is established, but after some essays the TV says no, or the phone says no, or both say no, or any says nothing, but don't work.

In my opinion there are two key symptoms:

1. YouTube doesn't work
  2. None of the appplications for the screen mirroring I tried find the TV.

Finally I would mention, the something strange is with the login procedure, each time I try to login to Medion I have to ask for a new password.

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 6
7.121 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
7.121 Aufrufe

Hi @jacklosi 

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide me with this additional info.
Since you can see tyhe "wireless display" as a source option, I am going to hazard that the French translation is incorrect, I will need to check with my colleagues in Germany.

A bit of intensive online search shows a smattering of issues with Mirror casting on android 7 but nothing very specific or clear, however one setting needs to be checked. Do you have your router connected to your tv by cable or wirelessly?
If it is with a cable , could you try wirelessly?

Some cross testing:
Do you have another phone/androidversion that you could try on the TV to see it it works?

other things to check that might help
-enable display certification on your phone (you need to enter developer mode) . This video might help
-hard reset of your phone+ update to the latest android version possible.
-are you using the ROM that came with the phone or did you install a third party ROM
-Have you contacted your phone manufacturer for support, they may be aware of an issue/fix

Sorry if this look a bit random, I have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue yet. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

jacklosi
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 6
7.108 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
7.108 Aufrufe

Hi @TPFLegionaire 

The most probably i have found a solution. Today it appeared, that it works without setting the source choice in TV. The android switches it itself.  Probably when you first switch the source of the signal, the phone gives the TV some incomprehensive instruction in this context, and both become stupid.

First I made once more trial, I set the TV IP adress as static instead of dynamic. This gave rather nothing.

I haven't tried run again YouTube from TV, I would be astonished if it works now, but it is not the key problem yet.

But the last problem which I mentioned yet is the loging in to the Medion Community. The procedure is as follows: I get new password form MEDION Customer Service, I log in, it works, then I change this automatic password to mine, the system accepts it, next time I try to login with new password and I've got a message (in polish) meaning approximately: Your entered data are not reliable to login, so I again require new password and so on. Now I haven't changed the automatic password to mine one, will see if next time it'll be valid.

I don't know if you are able to do anything with this, anyway you deserve the Kudo, thanks a lot.

5 ANTWORTEN 5